Pulled the awning in tonight. Going to make a decision tomorrow around 2. Hate to cut our vacation short, but we value our safety and our little camper too much if there's a chance.
The campground (Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach) is practically deserted... compared to its usual summer explosion of people. Folks haven't arrived for Labor Day weekend yet, so lots of empty space. If the campground was full, I'd feel better too (more windbreaks). They have started moving campers onto sites in preparation for people to arrive, but many of the campers that are on sites are empty.
Been talking to a meterologist friend of mine. We're in agreement: we'll watch and constantly re-evaluate. Probably going to head out early, but when is still up in the air.
They said it best years ago: "Blame it on the rain..."
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Rockwood Freedom 1640LTD / 97 Chevy Silverado 1500
Wildwood 26TBSS / 09 GMC Sierra 1500