Old 09-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
No offense, but the fact that you are even asking is concerning.

yeah right, I would've never second guessed it. I would've packed up and started heading west.

2013 Prime Time Tracer 3200BHT
2016 GMC Crew Cab Duramax All Terrain
Ribs in the smoker and Whiskey in hand
RollingDownTheHighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:47 PM   #22
Site Team
The member has stated he has never been in this kind of situation before, and is asking for advice from those who have. As is the purpose of these forums is to share our knowledge/experience/wisdom with our fellow RV'ers and to help educate one another..... we can keep the comments and/or advice on the helpful side.

To the OP, as others have stated, you need to keep an eye on the weather, but most likely should move inland sooner than later. Living in Louisiana (Hurricanes), I know if you wait too late, you can get stuck.

The fact the OP hasn't responded today, hopefully means he is in transit elsewhere as he stated he was going to probably do. I wish him and his family safe travels.... as well as any of our other members caught in this.

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I used to be addicted to time travel, but that's all in the past now.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #23
I'd be gone, as others suggest. Camping is exciting enough for me without having a major storm involved.
2013 Surveyor SP220
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:10 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
I got hit by 60 mph straight line wind in Green Bay this spring. The winds were so strong for a half hour that I had to push my slider out by standing on the couch and pushing on the top. The top of the slide was bending in 6" till I pushed on it.
Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #25
You won't catch us heading out tomorrow until the storm is past us. Don't chance it. Trees coming down, power going out, water rising, rain pouring, wind howling and blowing - all possibilities. Don't make life hard for yourself and don't be the one who needs rescuing!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:30 PM   #26
I'm permanently fixed in Beaufort county SC...we have several motor home parks that folks live in ft here. I rarely see anyone leave for anything less than a category 3. Personally, if you plan on leaving. Go NOW. Once people start freaking out the roads will be a hot mess and at a dead stop. We evacuated for hurricane Floyd in the late evacuated I mean we sat in traffic for 10 hours on i95. I may kick myself later for this comment *knocks on wood* hurricanes rarely actually hit my area of coastal SC. They usually jump us and hit ENC or Charleston
Jlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #27
7 Year Class A RV'er
Coming from a Florida resident, I would say hit the Depending on where you're headed, you may already be too late. He tri cane now, due to make landfall in the bend of the panhandle about midnight tonight. Been getting intermittent squalls in Orlando since yesterday. Looking at 70 mph winds and lots if rain across GA tomorrow. Good luck. Don't hesitate to pull into a truck stop and wait it out. Stay safe!
2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #28
Recommend going West to Northwest direction. The worst side of any tropical storm is the Southeastern side. Witnessed a Nor'easter coming through Virginia Beach, VA. The RV's and campers suffered horrendous damage. Tornado spawned out of the tropical storm wiped out the entire campgrounds. There was loss of life. Unless you want to roll the dice and "ride it out" to observe natures wrath, I recommend you pick up camp and move to the West, then come back to enjoy calmer weather.
Mac & Joyce
2012 Ford F-350 Lariat DRW
2015 Sanibel 3901
OK-3 Wire...Living the dream
Gonetothedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM   #29
On our last camping trip, i forgot to pack the weather radio and internet was sketchy. Updates on my phone showed tstorms but no wind advisories ...until right before it hit. We bailed out of the camper into the truck and repositioned on the leeward side of a permanent building.

Once the first wave of storms passed we bugged out and headed south since we were on the southern edge of the storm. The A-frame has survived 100 mph winds in our drive way but there is no way I would want to ride out even half of that.
2015 A122S
CJofWolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #30
Better safe than sorry! Move out now and watch it develop on TV. You'll be glad you did.

Fred Hardy
Phoenix, AZ
2014 Berkshire 390BH-60
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote