Old 09-01-2016, 06:03 PM   #41

Things aren't even bad yet, but we had a small tornado go through late afternoon. Our electric company is out getting our power back on. The tarp over our TT ripped. Don't take a chance.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 06:33 PM   #42

If I was ever in that situation again I WILL BUG OUT! We were in VA Beach a couple years ago, it was NO FUN, next camp ground over I believe 2 people killed from falling trees. Very stressful night ridin' it out.

Nights camped in 2015 40
Nights camped in 2016 39
nights camped in 2017 7
Crusadernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #43

The area he WAS in is only getting rain Friday ~~ a good bit but not for days. Winds are only to be 35 with gusts to 45. SO FAR that forecast has not changed. Saturday partly cloudy highs in the high 80s. Rain less than 10%. After hitting land in FL it will not build but be cut down. Main problem in MB could be flooded streets.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:16 PM   #44

Small tornado in our town this afternoon too ...thanx Hermine

In relation to this....our TT is in our backyard on a cement slab. Does anyone else fill up your water tanks & have any way to anchor down that baby so she stays put in any larger storm? Our home is ok for these ...went thru all those hurricanes a few years back so we would not leave (per DH ... but I'll probably leave if > cat3!)
Old 09-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
Small tornado in our town this afternoon too ...thanx Hermine

In relation to this....our TT is in our backyard on a cement slab. Does anyone else fill up your water tanks & have any way to anchor down that baby so she stays put in any larger storm? Our home is ok for these ...went thru all those hurricanes a few years back so we would not leave (per DH ... but I'll probably leave if > cat3!)
Friend had a winter home in FL. We rented a post hole digger and drilled 3'. Filled with cement with 28" long anchors. Bolts from the frame to the anchors to keep it from flipping. Never did and probably never would have.

Like you, I've been through at least a dozen. It will take a cat 3 and will not worry about the 5er as I'm taking it. Going to have to go farto find a hotel..... and all I need is a place to pull off.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:23 PM   #46

27th Jan '16.....tornado came inland at Sarasota, Fl at 03:45 am......Spent 2 hours in a washroom at CG.....Trailer weathered wind and rain (CC 5ER) J
Old 09-01-2016, 07:25 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in Halifax View Post
27th Jan '16.....tornado came inland at Sarasota, Fl at 03:45 am......Spent 2 hours in a washroom at CG.....Trailer weathered wind and rain (CC 5ER) J
I was there ~~ at Sun N Fun CG. Stayed in the 5er and slept well. My wife was up as the noise would not permit her to sleep.
Made our reservations to be there this winter before we left.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:20 PM   #48
jammer 16

If your close to the ocean and your tt won't float be sure to send someone info on where to send your remains if they happen to float ashore. The water level of the ocean surging to unbelievable heights is your greatest worry good luck
rlschurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #49

If you have wheels go. I've seen the aftermath of tropical storms and hurricanes along the Gulf of Mexico. Move before the roads get clogged and you can't go.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4RGD View Post
Pulled the awning in tonight. Going to make a decision tomorrow around 2. Hate to cut our vacation short, but we value our safety and our little camper too much if there's a chance.

The campground (Ocean Lakes in Myrtle Beach) is practically deserted... compared to its usual summer explosion of people. Folks haven't arrived for Labor Day weekend yet, so lots of empty space. If the campground was full, I'd feel better too (more windbreaks). They have started moving campers onto sites in preparation for people to arrive, but many of the campers that are on sites are empty.

Been talking to a meterologist friend of mine. We're in agreement: we'll watch and constantly re-evaluate. Probably going to head out early, but when is still up in the air.

They said it best years ago: "Blame it on the rain..."

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Hey we are going to stay. We are beside ya in Lakewood. Keep us posted! People are flocking in here today but its no where near full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk