Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 07:56 AM   #1

TV Backer in Bedroom of Catalina Legacy 323bhdsck

*New Member*
Hello All, I am hoping someone can help me with where the TV backer is located in the bedroom of the Catalina Legacy 323bhdsck? there is a cable and electrical outlet on the wall near the ceiling so i assume is it somewhere near there but don't want to end up ripping my wall down trying to get the lag bolts to sink into a tiny "stud".

Thanks,
Jessica
Jmcdonald82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:08 AM   #2

Coachmen normally uses a recess area with a panel that is just screwed into the area the TV Mount is on that panel. I know that Rockwood would put a 12" mounting block, can you post a picture of the area?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:21 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Coachmen normally uses a recess area with a panel that is just screwed into the area the TV Mount is on that panel. I know that Rockwood would put a 12" mounting block, can you post a picture of the area?
Thanks for the Reply! I will have to get a pic when I get back to it tonight. Here is a pic of where the Jack and outlet are right in the corner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190509-091928.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	204151  
Old 05-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #4

On yours I would say that they have backing from the outlet to the right, most of the time they will put a sticker saying backing over the area, my Rockwood kinda looked like that and that is where the backing was. Do you have stud finder? Or tap on the wall it will be solid where it is located.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #5
Just as confused as you

What is to the left of the antenna jack? Some campers don't have a backer board in the wall but use a closet wall for mounting the tv. If the closet is intended to be used for the tv mount you will see a backer board inside. If you have to mount the tv to the wall use your middle knuckle to firmly tap the wall. With the wall panel being thin you will hear a definite difference in sound when you get to a stud or backer board. Go across the wall then down the wall, once you locate a area you can zero in on the size by going around that spot. Some rv's use a metal plate in the wall for a backer board so you will have to drill a pilot hole and sheet metal screws to secure the tv mount. My TT has the metal plate and a sticker on the wall locating the area for the tv mount.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 09:40 AM   #6

I do have a stud finder! Just don't want to screw up the wall ��
I will do some work to see if what I can find.

Thanks for your help!
Old 05-09-2019, 09:41 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
What is to the left of the antenna jack? Some campers don't have a backer board in the wall but use a closet wall for mounting the tv. If the closet is intended to be used for the tv mount you will see a backer board inside. If you have to mount the tv to the wall use your middle knuckle to firmly tap the wall. With the wall panel being thin you will hear a definite difference in sound when you get to a stud or backer board. Go across the wall then down the wall, once you locate a area you can zero in on the size by going around that spot. Some rv's use a metal plate in the wall for a backer board so you will have to drill a pilot hole and sheet metal screws to secure the tv mount. My TT has the metal plate and a sticker on the wall locating the area for the tv mount.
That's interesting, I don't believe I saw a backer in the closet but will take a gander.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2019, 08:04 AM   #8
Misfit Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
On yours I would say that they have backing from the outlet to the right, most of the time they will put a sticker saying backing over the area, my Rockwood kinda looked like that and that is where the backing was. Do you have stud finder? Or tap on the wall it will be solid where it is located.
X2
Misfit011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #9

My sticker was off center. I pushed on the wall and could feel the backer bock in the wall. Decided where to mount and got after it. Remember screws not too long...I think I used 1 inch.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
My sticker was off center. I pushed on the wall and could feel the backer bock in the wall. Decided where to mount and got after it. Remember screws not too long...I think I used 1 inch.
Thanks
Old 05-12-2019, 11:24 AM   #11

My backer is on the wall to the left of the outlets in your picture, the wall separating the bedroom and living area.

Hope that helps.
mo985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo985 View Post
My backer is on the wall to the left of the outlets in your picture, the wall separating the bedroom and living area.

Hope that helps.
Thanks so much
Old 05-13-2019, 06:09 AM   #13

TV area

On my Catalina, the TV was mounted on the wall between the bedroom and the bathroom. My outlets are in the same place as your outlets. It was already mounted when I bought the camper.

Tags
bed, cat, catalina, roo