Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #1

TV Backer plate

My wife and I recently purchased a Coachmen Catalina 303BHCK. We want to mount our 16" lcd tv in our bedroom. We bought a mount from Amazon (Amazon.com: EZ Mounts - Removalbe Faceplate, Tilting & Swivel LCD LED TV / Monitor Wall Mount, Perfect for RV's, Travel Trailers, and Back Yard use - Locable for added Security- Vesa Standard 75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm - fit all Major Brands Suc) for our tv. Of course the screws they provided are about 3" long. I contacted the service department and they suggested using about 6-8 wood screws about 1 1/4" long. However, I only have 3 holes in the mount. Will three screws be sufficient? If not, any suggestion to help support the mount? We will not travel with the tv on the mount (hence why we bought one that can be easily removed). Also, any suggestions with finding how big the tv backer plate is?
Cpapkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #2

If you are talking wood backing inside the wall use a stud finder and go around the area where it is supposed to be located. I guess it would depend on the size that would have been installed as an extra. I know in my trailer there is a sticker on the wall that say's mount here. A 16" LCD TV can't weight that much. I have a 32" and it only has 4 screws in it holding the bracket up.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote