Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #1

tv mounting

I have a 2012 Coachman Catalina Deluxe 30bhs. I asked my local dealer about how to mount a tv in the entertainment center and he said to use a stud finder to find and mark the metal studs behind the plastic backed board and mount the bracket to the the studs. Sounded simple enough. So I tried to find the studs behind the backer....no luck. It seems my unit doesn't have the studs. Its pretty solid so I'm thinking its just a piece of plywood. So now the question is how thick is the piece of plywood. I've tried measuring but with all the trim and the thin plywood backer on the bedroom side of the wall its hard to guess or even measure how thick it is.
This is need to know info before I start throwing screws into it, to support the tv and mounting bracket.
Anyone have an idea or mounted a tv to this type of wall? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #2

Guess I'll try emailing Coachman again....
Old 04-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #3

Don't know how much help this will be, but when I emailed Coachman about how much weight I could hang on the wall (of the bedroom TV ready spot) , I was told 35lbs. There is a peice of plywood behind the wall supposedly. Don't remember who answered me as I did not save the email, but they did answer fairly quickly.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaman View Post
Don't know how much help this will be, but when I emailed Coachman about how much weight I could hang on the wall (of the bedroom TV ready spot) , I was told 35lbs. There is a peice of plywood behind the wall supposedly. Don't remember who answered me as I did not save the email, but they did answer fairly quickly.
Thanks. I sent an email but being the weekend I figure it will be Monday before I get a reply
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #5

Well now I'm starting to second-guess myself, it might have been 25lbs ; should have saved the email. Either way, the 19" LCD TV and mounting arm were well under that. I would ASSUME that the main entertainment area would support more.