Old 06-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #1

TV Optionsfor Coachmen 246rks

Since we haven't been able to successfully get our antenna situation to resolve, I am thinking about adding some other option. Maybe Dish or whatever. Can someone tell me their experience with adding some other option? Thank you.

stevegotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #2
Retired Old Fart

Do you have a Dish or DirecTV receiver at the house already? I think you can buy a 2nd "dish" and tripod stand and take it on the road with you. They have apps to help align it. I've not done this, but I've seen a number of posts where people have.

As I understand it, if you are keeping your service at the house, and just taking it on the road occasionally, you don't have to sign up for a separate RV account. But if you don't have a permanent home address (ie, full timer), they want an RV account.

I may consider this once I get all the upgrades done to our 246RKS. I know that the fixed TV antenna is not a good solution "as is", and we have DirecTV. I'll be watching to see what you decided to do also.

I don't know anything about this company, but I found several "kits" in a google search. This company had several kits for Dish and DirecTV ranging from $59 to $130 for the manual aim setups.

https://www.satpro.tv/mobilesatellitervkits.aspx

dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 04:32 AM   #3

We have unlimited data plans on our phones. We subscribe to Hulu with live TV included and simply miror it to our tv.
greggcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 05:45 AM   #4

We also stream off an unlimited data plan to rokus attached to each tv. Works well as long as you have a good cell signal.
Robyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
Misfit Adventures

We have a extra dish we take with us .
Misfit011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen