Old 03-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
TV Wiring Question

We just purchased a Freedom Express 246RKS last Saturday. In the walk through the dealer did not cover the antenna boost wall plate (it's on the underside of the cabinet and I didn't see it until we got home). There is no wiring diagram in the information provided by the dealer and I am wondering what you connect to the BNC connectors labeled satellite and TV1? The existing TV is connected to an antenna cable that goes into the cabinet, but I can't follow the wiring to see if it is connected to the antenna boost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	47901  

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
The tv connection goes to your tv coax input on your tv. The button turns the amplified antenna on. Use this to scan for locals and adjust outside antenna as needed. The satellite would hook to satellite in on back of receiver....if you have a dish hooked up on the outside connection with RG6 coax cable.

2013 Salem 30KQBSS TT
Equalizer 4pt Hitch system-12K
2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport 5.7 Hemi w/8 Speed
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #3
I have a coax cable already running to my TV, but it feeds into the upper cabinet and I cannot see where it goes. Its a strange place to locate this panel. I would assume that the boost and connectors would be near the actual TV set. I may have to remove the floor of the cabinet to see where the existing cable terminates.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
Hi guys - I have a 50th Anniversary Freedom Express 246RKS, and was curious what was happening behind the panel too. So last night I removed it to have a look - There are 3 connectors on the back mounted to the amplifier board - one goes to the TV (hidden in the cabinet base), the other two seem to go to the Cable connectors mounted on each side of the TT. The Satellite connector doesn't go anywhere - is not connected at all.
Is it even possible to use the cable connectors for a Satellite dish without some rewiring?
drobert is offline   Reply With Quote