Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #1

Water Leakage in APEX 215rbk

I have a major water leakage, probably from a split pipe/hose likely near the pump.

Does anyone having an APEX 215rbk know exactly where the pump is located? I'm on the road and this would keep me from trying to look in multiple places. Actually another APEX may have a similar layout and could be helpful

I just started a long trip and discovered that I probably failed to properly winterize my trailer this past March after returning from Florida(March 18 is still too early to escape major freezing in central PA). Developed some gastritis while in Florida and either forgot to winterize or did a lousy job(I blow the lines) on returning, and then didn't check before leaving again.

I say near the pump because it wouldn't pick up water from the fresh water tank. Hooking to campsite water caused a major leakage. After disconnecting from campground water, the water pump would deliver a low flow, which could mean an additional break after the pump.

2016 APEX 215rbk
2016 F-150 4WD 3.55 3.5l ecoboost
jwfrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 09:59 PM   #2

There is a sediment filter before the pump. If you didn't get the water out of it and it froze, then it will leak or cause the pump to suck air. I learned to run the pump for a minute after draining the fwt while winterizing. It gets the last little bit of water from the tank and pump.
Old 06-29-2019, 12:09 AM   #3

The pump is located under the fridge. There are 2 screws that hold the panel on. Good luck in tracking your leak.
Love to communicate via the airwaves
WT7E (Ham Radio)
BobandAnitaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:06 AM   #4

Forum members come through again!!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
There is a sediment filter before the pump. If you didn't get the water out of it and it froze, then it will leak or cause the pump to suck air. I learned to run the pump for a minute after draining the fwt while winterizing. It gets the last little bit of water from the tank and pump.

The pump is located under the fridge. There are 2 screws that hold the panel on. Good luck in tracking your leak.
Thanks guys. I should be able to take a look in a couple of days when I hit the Badlands NP, actually the KOA next door. Should be good and hot when I check for that leak which will help dry things out. I may have a pressure regulator that is adjustable that will help minimize the leak while checking. I bought some Flex tape at Walmart. Figure that may give me a shot to at least temporarily fix on the road. I only need to hold minimum negative pressure when using the pump(assuming leak near pump inlet) so it may work. Unless there is something past the pump or leaks in multiple places. I'll update after my tests.

2016 APEX 215rbk
Old 07-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #6

Problem solved. No winter pipe breakage, good for the trailer, senior moment for operator. I have an outdoor kitchen I have never used, tested or touched. I store stuff in there. Had a load shift and it turned the faucet on. The sink had the plug in it since day one. Damn thing filled the sink and flooded back into the cabinets where all the plumbing is. Must be slightly nose down. Oh well, at least I got a good look at all my plumbing and know nothing has even the slightest leak.

Thanks for the help.

PS the water heater is under the frig, the pump is next cabinet to the left.

2016 APEX 215rbk

Tags
leak, water, water leak