Old 04-07-2016, 10:11 PM   #1
We just ordered our 1st RV!!!

For quite a while, we have been dreaming of selling the house and moving into a 5th wheel rv. Now that dream is very close to reality.

We spent the last several months searching for the right truck. Last week, we drove to Michigan and bought a Ford F-450. This really set the ball in motion. Time to hunt for the right RV.

We kept saying we want to buy a used rv, but we fell in love with the mid bunk floor plan, which we were having a hard time finding used. We realized that, knowing about the mid bunk, rear living option, we would always regret going the cheaper route, so we started searching for a new one. We had pretty much already settled on the 390QSMB.

Long story short, today we ordered a brand new, custom built, 390QSMB!!!! We will hopefully have it next month! Our next goal is to sell the house and hit the road before winter.

TheRowlands is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #2
Now that's what I call living the dream! Here in the west there's countless places to boondock. You have a generator on board too?

Anyways, Happy trails!

And Congratulations!

Bud Ezekiel H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 11:20 PM   #3
Thanks! No generator yet. Once we get it, we plan to stay in it locally to work out all the kinks and figure out what we need.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:27 AM   #4
I go RV'ing not Camping
Wow I am so jealous. I am happy for your new journey it's going to be great
312QBUD Owners Thread
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 312QBUD
2000 Chev 2500 Extended Cab 6 Liter
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:43 AM   #5
Very nice! Almost my same setup! I'm running a 2016 F450 diesel pulling the slightly smaller (by 2') Chaparral 360IBL. Very nice setup and very safe and secure feeling. You made the right choices
Corpus Christi, Texas

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:23 AM   #6
Thanks y'all! @IronCobra, I've been eyeing your setup for a while now, ever since you responded to my previous thread. The 360IBL was the first mid bunk floorplan we found and immediately fell in love. We were originally assuming if we opted for new, we would get that and try to figure out how to fit a king bed in there. That is until we were directed to the 390. I still prefer the outward facing bunks in the 360, since my 7 year old moves a lot in his sleep and my 5 year old has recently taken to sleepwalking, but we'll make it work.

I had read several places where people suggested buying the rv first, then buying the tow vehicle to suit, but that wasn't a good option for us. Mainly, I really couldn't wait to stop driving out Toyota Corolla! Not only is it too small (I'm 6'3"), but we now have less than. 1000 miles left on our lease, which ends in July! So we decided to get the big'un so we weren't restricted to trailer weight.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:30 AM   #7
Congrats on your new truck and camper and safe travels!
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
Congrats- I LOVE the mid bunk layouts myself. A little late- but hopefully you ordered from a dealer such as RVWholesalers that has a nationwide warranty network of dealers and independent repair shops should you need warranty work done. If you're traveling the country it's not feasible to use only your selling dealer for work. While other dealers can and will work on your rig, it would be nice to know who to call and be directed to a place for work as opposed to having to go through the hassle of finding someone to work on it yourself.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
You are going to love the 390. We bought ours in January after looking at nearly every mid-bunk model out. We've already camped in it 3 times despite it still being winter in St Louis.

This trailer checked nearly everything I was looking for.

2016 Coachmen Chaparral 390QSMB
2011 F350- CC, DRW, LB, PSD

2016 nights camped: 40
VizJedi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
Woop, woop ,woop. Fantastic! Happy camping, or should I say glamping. CONGRATS

ccsvolsfan is offline   Reply With Quote