Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #41

Insurance and a bag of pop corn, everything else is optional.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #42

Ha...camping World gave me a $15 gift card to spend in their store. It was hard to find anything in there for that or less!
Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #43

Needs for a Newby

When we bought our latest unit the dealer had a starter kit. He also gives us a 10% discount on all RV supplies.
Even without the discounts his prices are competitive. I feel really lucky to have a dealer that works with us. I will always recommend International RV World in Bay City, Michigan
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #44

Terry town gave me a sewer hose when I picked up my coachman a month ago and a discount offer in the store.

2017 Brookstone 395RL
Chardon OH
cwc510117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #45

WpgCouple

Aside from all the basic necessities from all the above readers, I suggest that you measure all of your cupboards.
Then go and buy "Rubbermaid " totes and store everything in them. This will prevent items from being scattered everywhere. It also helps when clearing out the trailer at seasons end. It also makes it easier to find things when you need them.

Good luck with your new "home away from home ".
WpgCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #46

How 'bout (since no one has suggested this yet).....a pair of good folding outdoor chairs to sit around the campfire in? To that you might add one of the "outdoor rugs" - these come in so very handy especially if you don't have a concrete pad where your picnic table is and...they come with a door mat so that you don't track the out-of-doors into your new rig. You might also consider a tablecloth for the picnic table. We got ours at Wally World. The ones you pick up at the dealerships are usually very thin and will tear after the first few uses. Don't forget the tablecloth hold downs while you're there. Standard picnic table is 52x70. And, if you want to "splurge", some lights to string along your awning (don't forget the hangers for these) are nice at night, but stay away from white lights as the bugs are drawn to them. Sticks for roasting marshmallows, box of graham crackers, pack of Hershey Bars, and a bag of Marshmallows. Some fire starter sticks. Some extension cords. A clock (I know, you're on vacation but it comes in handy for check-out deadlines at the campgrounds). Good Sam or Passport America membership (or both). And, most importantly, go to the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store & pick up 4-5 of the disposable ponchos to keep inside. These are especially helpful if setting up or breaking down in the rain. But most of all, have FUN and enjoy yourselves. And BTW, welcome to the forum!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #47

Y'all are awesome! These are great tips. I don't plan to have absolutely everything I will need / want. I would prefer to figure some of that out on our own. I just need to have what's needed for a couple nights of test camping. We will have plenty of time to figure out the rest. I plan to get good sewer and water connection and if I can swing it, and the surge protector (will upgrade later). I also need to buy a table cloth. Thanks for that. Chairs and s'mores are already accounted for.
https://www.roadbrewing.com
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #48

Have never seen an RV / TT Dealer yet that did not include a basic starter kit.
Spend your first trip in a Walmart parking lot, It's free, open 24 hrs so you can get what you forgot and always some great people watching
meopm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #49

I do not think anyone mentioned a torque wrench.

Lugs should be re torqued every 10/20/50 miles the first time out to your specified torque requirements. They should be checked before every trip after that.
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #50

Fairenatic (quoted)
"Lugs should be re torqued every 10/20/50 miles the first time out to your specified torque requirements. They should be checked before every trip after that."

Speaking of:
https://www.etrailer.com/question-75604.html

A helpful guide.

RMc
Wheels Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:16 AM   #51

I picked up my new TT three days ago, and the dealer included absolutely nothing. Instead they gave me a $50 gift card to their store with which I was able to purchase exactly three items:

1. A locking hitch pin
2. Those telescoping tennis balls that help you back up your truck and
3. A 15a-30a adapter.

Luckily, I had gone online to Amazon the previous week and ordered most of what has previously been mentioned, because I did my homework like you are!

I would add: a tpms, but these are expensive. I think mine was close to $300. Probably cheaper than a blowout though.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #52
Insert witty title here

I made a list of everything I wanted to buy then went to Amazon and got a list of how much each item would cost there. I then went to my local RV dealer and bought everything on the list that was cheaper than Amazon then placed my order for the rest.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:04 AM   #53

Just a note on that torque wrench- make sure you release all tension on it when in storage, I mean take the torque to zero for storage.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 AM   #54
Site Team

Nobody has mentioned it yet but a square-head screwdriver comes in incredibly handy. Many trailers don't use "regular" screws on the cabinet hinges or the heating vents.

http://www.amazon.com/products-009-Q.../dp/B00MJUVXE6
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:38 AM   #55

Zero torque? Never heard of this, nor done it with any trailers in the past decades...why would this be done?
Or...release the torque setting wrench?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRowlands View Post
Thanks for the responses so far. I've got a pretty good shopping list going. I'll probably just buy most of it. If I don't need it, at least I'll have backups. As far as the electrical testing items, can I just use a multimeter?
The multimeter is a great tool to have in your trailer tool box for troubleshooting other things, but I'd recommend getting one of these and one of these to test the outlet at the campground before you plug in. That way you know for sure that it's wired right.

Also, I'd highly recommend the Progressive Industries EMS units. I did the hardwired version, and it wasn't hard at all. I like having the little display that tells me the current voltage, current draw, etc.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:46 PM   #57

Quote:
I asked in an email, and their response was "We will review anything you might need while you are here, it’s part of your orientation." I'm hoping they will include them, but if not, I don't want to be stuck buying them at the dealership. At this point I don't have any leverage, as I have put a sizeable deposit on the purchase.
Corey told me (which I got) that they include a starter kit with all purchases.

It included a sewer hose (junk), water hose, toilet paper, toilet chemical, 50 to 30 amp adapter, a 30 to 15amp adapter, water lressure regulator and hose adapter for winterizing.

He was also giving any parts/accessories needed at cost if it was tied into the camper purchase (not separate).
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:28 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016251RKS View Post
Zero torque? Never heard of this, nor done it with any trailers in the past decades...why would this be done?
Or...release the torque setting wrench?
Yes. Take the torque wrench setting back to zero after use.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:35 PM   #59

Quote:
I asked in an email, and their response was "We will review anything you might need while you are here, it’s part of your orientation." I'm hoping they will include them, but if not, I don't want to be stuck buying them at the dealership. At this point I don't have any leverage, as I have put a sizeable deposit on the purchase.
You sent a e-mail? I would call put them on the spot in a yes or no answer, why is people are so afraid to talk on the phone with all this email and texting
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #60

I have no problem calling. I had some other questions as well, and they came up Sunday evening. I emailed while I had was thinking about it. It's not really urgent enough to need to put them on the spot. I was just hoping for, and thankfully received, some feedback to everyone here who have already been there.
https://www.roadbrewing.com
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote