Old 05-02-2016, 05:04 PM   #41
Insurance and a bag of pop corn, everything else is optional.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 05:15 PM   #42
Ha...camping World gave me a $15 gift card to spend in their store. It was hard to find anything in there for that or less!

Maggiewaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #43
Needs for a Newby

When we bought our latest unit the dealer had a starter kit. He also gives us a 10% discount on all RV supplies.
Even without the discounts his prices are competitive. I feel really lucky to have a dealer that works with us. I will always recommend International RV World in Bay City, Michigan
dwebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #44
Terry town gave me a sewer hose when I picked up my coachman a month ago and a discount offer in the store.

2017 Brookstone 395RL
Chardon OH
cwc510117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #45

Aside from all the basic necessities from all the above readers, I suggest that you measure all of your cupboards.
Then go and buy "Rubbermaid " totes and store everything in them. This will prevent items from being scattered everywhere. It also helps when clearing out the trailer at seasons end. It also makes it easier to find things when you need them.

Good luck with your new "home away from home ".
WpgCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:08 PM   #46
How 'bout (since no one has suggested this yet).....a pair of good folding outdoor chairs to sit around the campfire in? To that you might add one of the "outdoor rugs" - these come in so very handy especially if you don't have a concrete pad where your picnic table is and...they come with a door mat so that you don't track the out-of-doors into your new rig. You might also consider a tablecloth for the picnic table. We got ours at Wally World. The ones you pick up at the dealerships are usually very thin and will tear after the first few uses. Don't forget the tablecloth hold downs while you're there. Standard picnic table is 52x70. And, if you want to "splurge", some lights to string along your awning (don't forget the hangers for these) are nice at night, but stay away from white lights as the bugs are drawn to them. Sticks for roasting marshmallows, box of graham crackers, pack of Hershey Bars, and a bag of Marshmallows. Some fire starter sticks. Some extension cords. A clock (I know, you're on vacation but it comes in handy for check-out deadlines at the campgrounds). Good Sam or Passport America membership (or both). And, most importantly, go to the Dollar Tree or Dollar Store & pick up 4-5 of the disposable ponchos to keep inside. These are especially helpful if setting up or breaking down in the rain. But most of all, have FUN and enjoy yourselves. And BTW, welcome to the forum!
Sloopie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 PM   #47
Y'all are awesome! These are great tips. I don't plan to have absolutely everything I will need / want. I would prefer to figure some of that out on our own. I just need to have what's needed for a couple nights of test camping. We will have plenty of time to figure out the rest. I plan to get good sewer and water connection and if I can swing it, and the surge protector (will upgrade later). I also need to buy a table cloth. Thanks for that. Chairs and s'mores are already accounted for.
2017 Coachmen Chaparral 390QSMB
2008 Ford F-450 Lariat 4X4 CC LB DRW PSD
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 AM   #48
Have never seen an RV / TT Dealer yet that did not include a basic starter kit.
Spend your first trip in a Walmart parking lot, It's free, open 24 hrs so you can get what you forgot and always some great people watching
meopm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #49
I do not think anyone mentioned a torque wrench.

Lugs should be re torqued every 10/20/50 miles the first time out to your specified torque requirements. They should be checked before every trip after that.
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins TD, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 08:14 AM   #50
Fairenatic (quoted)
"Lugs should be re torqued every 10/20/50 miles the first time out to your specified torque requirements. They should be checked before every trip after that."

Speaking of:

A helpful guide.

Wheels Down is offline   Reply With Quote