Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2016, 09:47 PM   #61

If you do not release the torque on the wrench when storing it the calibration will be affected.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:22 AM   #62
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
You sent a e-mail? I would call put them on the spot in a yes or no answer, why is people are so afraid to talk on the phone with all this email and texting

I am not deaf but my hearing is poor. I have difficulty at times understanding what is said over the phone. Texting and emails are just easier for me unless of course if I'm driving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:38 AM   #63

car or camper I asked the salesman for his cell phone number reason being if what he is selling is so good then their is no problem and if I have a problem I am calling him and if he wont give it up see ya
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 05:47 AM   #64

I understand your problem Tim... my 9 year old has significant hearing loss. His new hearing aids connect to the phone so he hears the caller in both ears... works amazing! Might be something worth looking into. His Aids are Phonak brand.

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:17 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
car or camper I asked the salesman for his cell phone number reason being if what he is selling is so good then their is no problem and if I have a problem I am calling him and if he wont give it up see ya
He actually gave me his cell number the first time we spoke, but again, not important enough to call him on a Sunday evening. Could I call now? Sure! But why? I can get better info here without any sales tactics. He'll tell me it comes with a sewer house, but he's not going to tell me I should replace it immediately.
https://www.roadbrewing.com
TheRowlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:25 AM   #66

Send a message via Skype™ to pontiacdan45
I wonder if at the end of the day we pay for any "free" stuff. I'd rather buy what I need and have the choice of brand, price and seller. There are three 5th wheels in my block and being the wise astute (kidding) guy I am I went to them to fully discuss exactly what I needed in my first ever RV and the optional equipment that would be easier to have installed prior to delivery. Then I went to a local campground and spent the day getting suggestions on how to set up camp and what stuff I'd need. I supplemented all that with you tube videos and never needed any help. The truth is that I did none of this and scrambled to play catch up on knowledge and needs. Now, 20 months in I can see the need for a slide topper. I've seen old timers suggest renting a motor home prior to buying one. Camping for us isn't what we thought it would be, especially with a yappy dog. We continue though to look forward to long trips and meeting great campers.

So, unless you are experienced and that experience has given you wisdom, you can't go wrong using this forum and asking people for opinions. Me, I still bumble along but every once in a while I glean information that saves me money and embarrassment. Good Luck

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra-Lite 8289 ws
2015 GMC Crew Cab 2500HD Gas:
pontiacdan45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiacdan45 View Post
I wonder if at the end of the day we pay for any "free" stuff.
Of course we do... Nothing is really "free."