Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
FLY4FUN

Question Where is my slide controller??

New owner of pre-owned 2014 Apex 22 QBS. So far I've looked in the front pass-thru storage, in the compartment where water pump/WH bypass is, under the entire kitchen sink/range area, beneath the bath corner shelves, under the bed and under the sofa...can't find the controller . (Previous owner has no idea where it is.) While I hope the need to access it due to a slide malfunction never happens, I'd sure like to know where it is...just in case. I'll sure appreciate anyone who may have a clue pointing me to its hiding place.
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:00 AM   #2
Can you run 3800 fps?

If by 'controller' you mean motor, it's probably under the trailer between the frame rails. On the curb side of the trailer look for a little pre cut hole about an inch and a half to two inches in diameter. Thats where you put the crank handle in to hand crank the slide if the motor fails.
SniperDroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 06:53 AM   #3

In previous Flagstaff, mine was under the drawers, below the wardrobe. About 3 feet from the front of the trailer. Thankfully, accidentally found that before it was a problem.
Have seen it screwed to the ceiling in the storage. Good luck searching.
Travel safe

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:41 AM   #4
FLY4FUN

"where is my slide controller?"

Thanks for the replies -- my terminology is probably wrong in calling it a "controller", but it's the "computer" that monitors the Lippert slide system & displays diagnosis and (may) enable emergency retraction. This system doesn't feature a crank-in (or out), 'though I wish it did. I've seen other RVs with this system that mounted the little "box" in different places & just can't imagine why all weren't mounted where access is relatively easy...and obvious. As with other RV model specific items, the "generic" owners manual is worthless. Will keep searching and will report back!
Old 07-13-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
Site Team

My Schwintek slideout has a controller, so youre using the right terminology. But I have a different brand of RV so can't help with location.
You'll probably have to get help from someone who owns the same model.
Mine is in the cabinet below the pantry. It also holds the water pump.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #6

I would suggest that it is generally mounted UNDERNEATH the slide, somewhere close by, but usually on the ceiling or wall high in the storage bay - but it could also be hidden behind a 'false wall' in the rear of a cabinet.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 01:44 PM   #7
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I would suggest that it is generally mounted UNDERNEATH the slide, somewhere close by, but usually on the ceiling or wall high in the storage bay - but it could also be hidden behind a 'false wall' in the rear of a cabinet.
Mine was behind a false wall in the storage compartment under the slide. I could also access it by removing the bed and take a panel off under the bed.
It will be REAL close to the slide or under it.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 02:46 PM   #8

They hide them well!
On my unit I found it in a bin hold, but behind a panel that you'd never remove except to access this module and only if you knew it was there.
I found it because I was removing every panel to reveal wasted space to expand and know where things were.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:04 PM   #9
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
I found it because I was removing every panel to reveal wasted space to expand and know where things were.
My slide wouldn't move one morning while on a trip. Called my dealer's service department and they told me to take panels off to find the controller. Yeah, mine was buried, too. Wish I knew 2 days before the vacation what I know now.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
FLY4FUN

Where is my slide controller?

Thanks for the ideas and experience-sharing, folks! I'm still looking...and, looking for someone with the same camper ('14 Apex 22 QBS) who may have found the controller. Meanwhile, just still hoping that I don't need to know what I don't know...at least until I know it.
Old 07-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #11
FLY4FUN

Exclamation Where is my slide controller?

EUREKA!! I found the slide controller! ...almost the last place I searched was the difficult to open panel beneath the entertainment system/TV adjacent to the slide (it actually isn't accessible with the slide "in"...maybe the factory felt that the slide being stuck "in" isn't a problem? In any event, if (when?) the slide is stuck in the "out" position I'll know where to find the controller to initiate problem solving. Thanks for all who helped "point" me in the right direction .

Tags
controller, slide