Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2016, 03:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because they're built so much better that a 2nd year warranty is not required.
Would like to believe this, but our unit was built on the same factory assembly line that Chapperals are built, so it's the components that make a difference not the labor.
Most of our annoyances came in the first warranty year. Once the two years were up, we only had to replace the really cheap Moryde spring equalizers with a heavy duty Dexter unit.

So all in all, 2 1/2 years down the road and we're happy. And we are snowbirds, so we haul it to Texas and back from Ontario - and snowbird about 41/2 months.

2014 Coachmen Brookstone 325RL
2015 Chev Silverado 2500 Diesel.
ottawapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:37 PM   #22

IMHO whether one or two years is offered on the warranty, many issues rear their ugly head pretty early on. Whether you get a second year (or more), there are many posts on how often people have to fight with ANY mfr to agree to fix the problem (& then, even if approved, they have sometimes waited weeks or months for the repair to happen). Find a unit with (1) a floor-plan you like (2) a price-point you can afford (3) at a reputable (local, iff possible) dealer, then do a thorough walk-through at delivery. Finally, keep some extra cash stashed away so when you have a problem down the road you can fix it fast without fighting with some mfr rep who's job it is NOT to pay claims.

Have fun & use your RV as often as you can!....Just sitting in a storage facility for long periods isn't doing you or your RV any good!

Cheers! Richard
slottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:06 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by slottere View Post
IMHO whether one or two years is offered on the warranty, many issues rear their ugly head pretty early on. Whether you get a second year (or more), there are many posts on how often people have to fight with ANY mfr to agree to fix the problem (& then, even if approved, they have sometimes waited weeks or months for the repair to happen). Find a unit with (1) a floor-plan you like (2) a price-point you can afford (3) at a reputable (local, iff possible) dealer, then do a thorough walk-through at delivery. Finally, keep some extra cash stashed away so when you have a problem down the road you can fix it fast without fighting with some mfr rep who's job it is NOT to pay claims.

Have fun & use your RV as often as you can!....Just sitting in a storage facility for long periods isn't doing you or your RV any good!

Cheers! Richard

AMEN !! Pretty much sums it all up right there 🔺🔺🔺

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #24

^^^Yes those are some good points. The best warranty is the one you never use. My previous TT which I traded in I had 7 yrs and it was never back to a dealer for anything. I took care of the little issues that sprang up myself. Have already took care of a few on the Coachmen like a improperly routed and kinked intake line to the water pump, a few screws that needed tightening, added some Dicor on the roof as I was not satisfied with their caulk job, and cleaned up some excess caulk around the taillights and corner molding. No biggies, stuff that is now expected in the RV industry.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:38 PM   #25

Not built well enough to warrant 2 year

Had one wouldn't buy another.
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:46 PM   #26

Higher end RV have 2 year warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcdoughboy View Post
I have sold many Motorhome in the past. 1st jayco is only manufacturer with a true 2 yr warranty. Most FR brands get 1 year and then you can buy into a partial 2 yr....if you are bound to a FR product move above the coachmen product.
Landmark, Redwood, Lifestyle, DRV to name a few have 2 year warranty, but aren't FR products
poofam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 09:14 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Dynamax (Division of FR) is a 2 year warranty as well. All conspiracy theories aside...it's really up the to individual divisions to determine best course of action. Price it into the cost of the vehicle, keep prices low to be a good value and hope the 2nd year warranty didn't get used anyway, let the dealer sell aftermarket warranties. Lots of varying opinions on the importance of a 2 year warranty.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:57 PM   #28

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorthorn View Post
My Chaparral I bought almost a year ago came with a 2 yr watranty.... did this just change?
I would check on that if I were you. Bought ours 4-16 and they said ours wasn't under the FOREST RIVER warrantee. Even though COACHMAN is under their umbrella.
sstaubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #29

Hmmm.. gonna have to look indeed... I could swear it did! Maybe I am officially off my rocker

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #30
Site Team

Coachmen has always only offered a 1 year factory warranty, even after FR acquired them during the last recession.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #31

Well,

My warranty officially expired today. From the pics that popped up on FB, I picked it up at the dealer a year ago today.

Good news is, there isn't anything that needs to get fixed!

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #32

Our warranty runs out the 29th of Febuary. Have a few things to get fixed. Shower walls loose, bottom slide seal leaking when pulling in the rain, broken plug end on the 50 amp plugin and water pump wont pump. Just like our other Chappy,nothing serious,just small things.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, warranty