Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 283
Why no two year warranty on Coachmen?

Does anyone know why there is no two year warranty offered on Coachmen like the other Forest River products? (Or is there no known reason?) It just seems strange that this one division of a parent company would not offer it.
__________________

Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,272
They are not the only one not offered that second year

They were acquired by Forest River like Prime Time and do not get treated the same .....not fair huh ?!?!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
__________________

heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Does anyone know why there is no two year warranty offered on Coachmen like the other Forest River products? (Or is there no known reason?) It just seems strange that this one division of a parent company would not offer it.

Because they're built so much better that a 2nd year warranty is not required.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because they're built so much better that a 2nd year warranty is not required.
Sine I just bought one I hope that is right. I was beginning to wonder if they were the black sheep of the family.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because they're built so much better that a 2nd year warranty is not required.

😂😂😂😂 LOL yeah that must be the reason !!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason
 
5picker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: South Western PA
Posts: 10,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
Does anyone know why there is no two year warranty offered on Coachmen like the other Forest River products? (Or is there no known reason?) It just seems strange that this one division of a parent company would not offer it.
I read somewhere on another forum this was a stipulation in the acquisition of Coachman. Fact or fiction.... ???????
__________________
_________________________________________
2016 Flagstaff 8529IKBS Diamond Package 5th Wheel-Goodyear Endurance Tires
2017 Ford F-Series SCREW 4x4 - Factory Puck B&W Companion
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '16=46 '17=30 '18=51 '19=50
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,748
Some components like dometic fridge, if so equipped should be two years. Read your literature for specifics. Just sayin'
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Some components like dometic fridge, if so equipped should be two years. Read your literature for specifics. Just sayin'
Yes the salesman said the appliances had the 2 yr warranty, floor 3 yr as well as the roof material 12 yr.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Liverpool NY
Posts: 799
My understanding is that Coachman only offered a 1 year warranty when they were an independent company. FR decided to keep at 1 year after the acquisition. Same with the other brands acquired by FR that offered 1 year.
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,272
So how does Prime Time explain this? Only applies to Sanibel line....

In their brochure online Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1481665531.518275.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	126596



Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 865
I asked a similar question in another thread about FRs' 2nd year "extended" warranty, and someone mentioned that Coachmen was kinda like the orphans of the bunch.....


I know it was in jest, but it does make one wonder.
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I asked a similar question in another thread about FRs' 2nd year "extended" warranty, and someone mentioned that Coachmen was kinda like the orphans of the bunch.....


I know it was in jest, but it does make one wonder.


Ya, out on the cold hard streets....
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:16 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
glsimms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Southern IN
Posts: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post


Ya, out on the cold hard streets....

LOL!!!
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
shorthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 427
My Chaparral I bought almost a year ago came with a 2 yr watranty.... did this just change?
__________________
2014 RAM 3500 4x4 CCLB Dually, Cummins / 68RFE / 3.42 / B&W Patriot 16K
2016 Coachmen Chapparral 360IBL

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #15
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 19,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
My understanding is that Coachman only offered a 1 year warranty when they were an independent company. FR decided to keep at 1 year after the acquisition. Same with the other brands acquired by FR that offered 1 year.
This is correct.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:57 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
So how does Prime Time explain this? Only applies to Sanibel line....

In their brochure online Attachment 126596



Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums ����


Because Sanibel sales were down so they blew some smoke. The reason it's not offered on others is simple. It would affect the bottom line.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:28 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
heavynlori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
Because Sanibel sales were down so they blew some smoke. The reason it's not offered on others is simple. It would affect the bottom line.

Probably so 😞


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 24
I know that my Brookstone only came with a 1yr warranty. We were not told about any "optional" 2nd year. We were, however, told about the 3rd party extended warranty.....mucho dinero...
__________________
2017 Brookstone 395RL
2019 Ford F350 DRW w/Demco Hijacker Autoslide (carryover from my previous SB truck).
Resurrected1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 01:35 PM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 17
Re 2 year warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavynlori View Post
They are not the only one not offered that second year

They were acquired by Forest River like Prime Time and do not get treated the same .....not fair huh ?!?!


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums 🇺🇸
I have sold many Motorhome in the past. 1st jayco is only manufacturer with a true 2 yr warranty. Most FR brands get 1 year and then you can buy into a partial 2 yr....if you are bound to a FR product move above the coachmen product.
Tcdoughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,485
Why no two year warranty on Coachmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcdoughboy View Post
I have sold many Motorhome in the past. 1st jayco is only manufacturer with a true 2 yr warranty. Most FR brands get 1 year and then you can buy into a partial 2 yr....if you are bound to a FR product move above the coachmen product.


Wrong, palomino Columbus offers a two year warranty right from the factory.
__________________

TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coachmen, warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.


×