Old 12-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #11

The wall is supposed to be attached to the steel frame that supports the floor. If there's a gap, you can easily fill it with foam but that's not a repair. The screws that hold the wall to the frame probably came loose which allowed the wall to pull free. When this occurs at the front of the RV, it allows the front of the coach to bounce up and down, independent of the lower frame which will only make the condition worse. The correct fix for this problem is to get the wall tightly attached to the steel framing so that it doesn't come loose again.

Phil

Old 01-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #12

Eric 52,
How's your repair holding up?
We are dealing with Forest River and our warranty dealer Grumbines in Harrisburg PA today with this issue of our 2007 GTX toy hauler. Seems that both left and right walls are detaching. They told us that this would be covered under warranty since it is structural.
We like your fix and thought about letting both these parties see your repair. We question the long term repair of just replacing the self taping screws that it came with from factory. It seems obvious that these screws are unable to hold up under the demands of weight and movement.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #13

Though it has only been six months, we have driven about 3000 miles and it is still solid. I feel that I have fixed it for good. I wasn't going to have the same screws that the factory installed used again as the fix.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:52 PM   #14

We too have this same problem AGAIN. 2009 Georgetown 36' toyhauler.
Left and right walls were repaired by dealer early in spring of this year.
Unfortunatly they repaired them the same way the factory built the RV even though we had asked for some upgrading. Well it's now fall and 3000 miles later the left wall is loose again. We are following Eric52's plan of repair ourselves. We are doing both sides. Thanks to the helpful Eric52. Hopefully get this repaired once, well, actually twice and done. I must add though that overall we are very happy with our RV. This is our second RV.
Mechanically it has been reliable and sound for 24,000 miles. I'll update on how we make out. Any suggestions for perfecting this repair?
Old 01-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #15

The fix I made is solid. It has been nearly 18 mos. and it is still extremely solid.