Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #1

2014 Columbus 3650th soft floor at entry

Is anyone else having this problem. I have a 2014 Columbus 3650th. Its setting in a park in Florida and I stay in it 2 to 3 nights a week while working a part time job in the area. I've owned it about 14 months now and when I step in the front door it feels like I'm going to go thru the floor... I can feel where the floor joists are between the entry door and the fridge. I have read where some 320 models are having this problem but haven't seen anyone with a toyhauler post this problem yet.. THere are no leaks. Does anyone know how they would fix this problem other than replacing the entire floor????? Due to the holidays I haven't contacted Forest river yet since I have the extended warranty...
rlreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 01:09 PM   #2

Hi
We too have sift floor problems our 3650th, almost one year old, no leaks ever, in front of fireplace large piece and seems to be spreading
Any help anyone?
Roger Cranford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #3

mine is a 2014 3650TH but I'm not having this issue. I'd return it for warranty or call FR and let them know the issue and ask where to take it for the warranty repair. That's a bummer because it won't be an easy repair.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #4

Update on my 3650th soft floor issue. I finally got the chance to check out the floor from underneath. At the entry there is a 47 inch span between metal joists, directly inside the door with one of the fresh water tanks taking up that space. There is a seperation of the cloroplast below the door so I loosened a section towards the front and towards the rear...No need to move the gas line it will pull out from between it and the frame. Remove the insulation bats laying there and you can remove the tank. Very easy considering you're on your back. I put a piece of 47 inch by 68 inch plywood up against the floor. I first tried using their cross brace which was not doing anything in the center but still had a soft spot. I then put a 14inch by 67 inch section of plywood against the floor and two pieces of 68 inch long angle iron to hold the whole thing up. I now have a solid floor.... Total time was about 6 hours with my son-in-law handing me tools... I have pictures if anyone is interrested....
rlreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:07 AM   #5

Great information, can you please email those pictures to me at

k5alu@yahoo.com

many thanks Roger
Old 09-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #6

Can you please email me some pics also my email afg83133@aol.com
Thank you ted
afg83133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlreed View Post
Update on my 3650th soft floor issue. I finally got the chance to check out the floor from underneath. At the entry there is a 47 inch span between metal joists, directly inside the door with one of the fresh water tanks taking up that space. There is a seperation of the cloroplast below the door so I loosened a section towards the front and towards the rear...No need to move the gas line it will pull out from between it and the frame. Remove the insulation bats laying there and you can remove the tank. Very easy considering you're on your back. I put a piece of 47 inch by 68 inch plywood up against the floor. I first tried using their cross brace which was not doing anything in the center but still had a soft spot. I then put a 14inch by 67 inch section of plywood against the floor and two pieces of 68 inch long angle iron to hold the whole thing up. I now have a solid floor.... Total time was about 6 hours with my son-in-law handing me tools... I have pictures if anyone is interrested....
would love to see those pictures, about ready to tackle the problem. Also what thickness of plywood did you use ?
Thanks
Roger k5alu@yahoo.com
Old 11-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #8

I have the same floor problem. I would like to see your pictures thanks My email is Jeffnichols59@gmail.com
Jnich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:27 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlreed View Post
Why not post the pictures here for all of us to see?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 07:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Why not post the pictures here for all of us to see?
Getting ready to slice & dice on the new Columbus floor' eh Ron.....never had that issue on a Sabre....just sayin'. (I love to poke a hornets nest)

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Cranford View Post
would love to see those pictures, about ready to tackle the problem. Also what thickness of plywood did you use ?
Thanks
Roger k5alu@yahoo.com

I would appreciate if you would send me the pictures too.

Thanks,
George Maslar
Gmaslar@gmail.com
gmaslar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 365, columbus