Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 AM   #1

Any Columbus TH owners on this forum yet?

I saw one at a dealer a few weeks back and it was a beautiful rig! I don't see them around very often however so I was curious to hear from someone who has one to see how it's holding up and how you like it so far.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
I saw one at a dealer a few weeks back and it was a beautiful rig! I don't see them around very often however so I was curious to hear from someone who has one to see how it's holding up and how you like it so far.
Up in the SEARCH BOX- put in Columbus and you will find all kinds of Columbus info on here. We have a 2012 Columbus 320RS and LOVE IT.

2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodj125 View Post
Up in the SEARCH BOX- put in Columbus and you will find all kinds of Columbus info on here. We have a 2012 Columbus 320RS and LOVE IT.
Thanks! I did that and although there is a lot of talk about Columbus I have not found any mention of someone having the 3400TH or other Columbus toy haulers. Thanks
Old 05-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #4

The Columbus ToyHaulers are pretty new, they just started making them this last winter, so there isn't very many out there yet.
2012 Columbus 320RS
K-9's Lucy & Lizzie
Enjoying Life 1 Campground at a time
hotrodj125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #5

So a general RV question I guess... After looking and hundreds of floor plans for months I really like the Columbus 3400TH. Everything except the u shap dinette. I would prefer a regular couch there since we will likely eat in the garage area with the happy jack set up. The dinette seats with the low backs etc just dont look very comfortable for regualr living room "hanging out". If we were to get this and really did not like that seating how difficult do you thi it would be to remove those seats and replace with a residential couch? Thanks again
Old 05-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
So a general RV question I guess... After looking and hundreds of floor plans for months I really like the Columbus 3400TH. Everything except the u shap dinette. I would prefer a regular couch there since we will likely eat in the garage area with the happy jack set up. The dinette seats with the low backs etc just dont look very comfortable for regualr living room "hanging out". If we were to get this and really did not like that seating how difficult do you thi it would be to remove those seats and replace with a residential couch? Thanks again
Have you thought about ordering one and seeing what options are available vs. buying something close and then modifying it?

As for level of difficulty.. Different camper, of course- but my u-shaped dinette appears to be built on top of the carpet. It's made from aluminum framing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2825591455.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	31827  
Old 08-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #7

I just ordered a Columbus 3650, triple slide toyhauler. Supposed to be here late September. I took the option of the dinning table with four chars and reclining loveseat...
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #8
Trailer Trash

Feedback I get from my motorhead friends is a Columbus toy hauler is an oxymoron for most buyers. Motorheads tend to be party hardy, dirty from play, and have greasy stinky motor toys in the back garage area. That lifestyle is not conducive to blowing the extra money for frilly curtains, dark cherry cabinets, stainless appliances, hard surface countertops, etc. For the most part, toy hauler buyers don't want to worry about stains, spills, and having to clean the camper all the time. Ya I am generalizing, but you guys get the thought pattern and quite possibly why Columbus TH model sales are very low compared to the rest of the models.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #9

My toyhauler will be used mostly for storage for her shoes and clothes, washer and dryer, part time tv room and occasionally my Victory Vision...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
Feedback I get from my motorhead friends is a Columbus toy hauler is an oxymoron for most buyers. Motorheads tend to be party hardy, dirty from play, and have greasy stinky motor toys in the back garage area. That lifestyle is not conducive to blowing the extra money for frilly curtains, dark cherry cabinets, stainless appliances, hard surface countertops, etc. For the most part, toy hauler buyers don't want to worry about stains, spills, and having to clean the camper all the time. Ya I am generalizing, but you guys get the thought pattern and quite possibly why Columbus TH model sales are very low compared to the rest of the models.
For the most part I agree although 80-90 % of our camping will be without toys which is why I have had my eye on these. For me I am just really struggling pulling the trigger just because of the price tag. I will need to finance and even though I can afford the payment I am struggling with the idea of paying so much for an RV when I can pay a lot less and accomplish the same thing with just a more basic interior. With that said, the 3400TH is the closest to the "perfect" TH for what we really want so we are struggling with this a bit. I keep looking at the XLR's and the Torque's for example which are 10-20K less expensive and trying to convince myself to go that way to save the money. I need a sign on my wall that says "bang head here" :-)