Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

Buying used 351THSS, Slide Seal questions

We are picking up a slightly used 2013 Palomino Puma 351THSS on Friday. I did a 1 hour visual inspection today and we will have the official dealer Pre-Delivery Inspection on Friday.

It is in great shape with only minor scuffs and marks from a couple of uses.

We have never had a slide before, so I want to be sure what I'm seeing is normal. The seals are nice and soft with no cracking and the slide goes in and out completely, but there is a little bit of light visible in the lower corner of both sides when it is fully retracted and slightly less light when it is fully extended. Is this normal? Should I expect zero light anywhere around the slide? The light isn't visible in Photo1 due to the ambient light.

Also, the top seal is a little wavy when the slide is fully retracted, is this acceptable? Photo2

The interior white seals are cut short at the corner, is this acceptable? Photo3

Lastly, the white seals at the top of the slide when extended are somewhat torn, but it looks like this is unavoidable due the the contact at these points when fully retracted, is this OK? Photo4

Thanks all for your time and response, we are looking forward to this major upgrade from our 24 foot TT toy hauler.

Photo1

Photo2

Photo3

Photo4
bluefinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide