Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #1

Current (15-16) Columbus Quality Question?

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I don't get this right the first time.

I am considering the purchase of a 2016 Columbus 320rs. My alternate is a similar Big Horn. In general I like the Columbus interior better (with a couple exceptions).

The question:

Many of the threads I have read talk about quality issues on older units (13-14) and numerous post reference experiences from a couple years back. What are people's experiences with later model 15's and 16's? My dealer has been forthright in stating Columbus had labor issues and quality issues for a while. The parts guy also stated that up until 1.5 years ago they had a lot of turnover, but since then it's the same people. Also I am aware of the front air AC issue and it seems to plague competitive brands too.

I am buying the unit in the Midwest and will be using and leaving it in San Diego.

I would appreciate some honest input about the latest models. My background is owning numerous Airstream. Some have been problem free others have had some new coach issues. Airstream corporate and seasoned dealers have great service.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Cyclebloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM   #2

Guess I am interested in this as well. Keeping an open mind on a new 5th wheel. Saw the 320 at the Milwaukee RV show over the weekend and really liked it. Probably leading the way right now.

So bump this back to the top and hopefully someone will have input.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:53 PM   #3

I have a 2016 Columbus 381FL. Have had some problems but most have been fixed easily by dealer. Still have camera issue. Current cameras just do not work well in campers over 35ft. Lack of wireless signal strength. Awaiting different camers model. Also still have front AC issue, but dealer claims will fix as soon as I can get unit back to him in early April. All units have holes that are not sealed behind and in cabinets where wiring or plumbing is run. Manufacturers just do not seal them unless you are buying units in excess of 100k in price. Just do an effective PDI before accepting from dealer and make them fix anything found.
compuman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
columbus, quality