Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #11

Was the delivery process discussed when you ordered? Or, more likely, in the contract (or whatever documentation you might have gotten) when you ordered? Seems like it has to have come up before.

We bought an in stock unit through RVDirect's Buffalo, NY location. As mentioned above, they are affiliated with Orlando RV. We owned the unit before seeing it too. We overnighted a cashiers check and they overnighted the MCO. I did think it was odd. And a bit scary too. But based upon their reputation, we went ahead anyway. I made sure to start insurance on the unit the day I overnighted the check (basically the day we owned it) figuring / hoping that might provide some protection if something really bad happened (got backed into, tree fell on it, got stolen, etc).

I am not suggesting this but IF they were to, for example, go out of business one day, there will be a group of people with sales in progress that will get hurt.

Does RV Wholesalers have a similar delivery process (in terms of paying / signing ahead of time)?

'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #12

The latest. Yesterday I went to Orlando Rv and met with the manager. He already knew my position that I was not paying for something till I had a chance to go over it. I briefly went over the cosmetics of the unit and made an appointment to go back down Tuesday for the PDI. We have the agreement it will be ready for the road before I sign any paperwork period.. I've purchased many vehicles, horse trailers, Rvs, houses, large boats and never have I been requested to pay before I saw the unit......

Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #13

orlando rv is rv direct.IF you actually purchased this from RVDirect-this is how its done. You are ordering a vehicle at a discount price and you have to pay up front.

If it was a vehicle they already had sitting at that location-that is orlando rv
the dealer.

if you ordered the vehcle at the rvdirect discount then YOU are wrong.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #14

Say what you want, I wouldn't pay for a car before I drove it, I wouldn't pay for a house before an inspection, I purchased several boats and always s had a professional survey done on it before exchanging money, and I am not buying a rv before I get a chance to inspect it......I've done a lot of dumb things in my life but this is not one of them. What if they decided to substitute accessories other than what I ordered, if its already paid for I would be stuck...
Old 10-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlreed View Post
The latest. Yesterday I went to Orlando Rv and met with the manager. He already knew my position that I was not paying for something till I had a chance to go over it. I briefly went over the cosmetics of the unit and made an appointment to go back down Tuesday for the PDI. We have the agreement it will be ready for the road before I sign any paperwork period.. I've purchased many vehicles, horse trailers, Rvs, houses, large boats and never have I been requested to pay before I saw the unit......
Have you ever found a car dealer who ordered a car for you without payment, or signed agreement first. Sounds like they went on good faith that you wanted to buy it before they ordered it. And no matter how much inspection you give it, you will be back for warranty work. Its kinda understood that there will be issues. After all, the dealer didn't make the unit so they can't tell you there will be no issues. Take it out, make a list, and bring it back for repairs in a few weeks/months. Don't let this ruin your day. Jmo.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Say what you want, I wouldn't pay for a car before I drove it, I wouldn't pay for a house before an inspection, I purchased several boats and always s had a professional survey done on it before exchanging money, and I am not buying a rv before I get a chance to inspect it......I've done a lot of dumb things in my life but this is not one of them. What if they decided to substitute accessories other than what I ordered, if its already paid for I would be stuck...

then don't order and don't get the big discount. buy one off the lot and your good to go.

you are not going to get a lot of sympathetic agreers. RVDIRECT has sold a ton of rv's to satisfied forest river customers(and a few not satisfied). do you think you are the first one to come up with this phony issue. you order a car and a car dealer will make you take it or give up the deposit(although it is far easier to sell a car). rv dealers are different. try ordering this same rv from a non rvdirect dealer and see how much it costs. LOL
Old 10-12-2013, 03:52 PM   #17

No sympathy needed here. By your theory, I have a rv ordered, I pay for it and on the way the driver goes under a bridge and tears the entire roof off it, its mine right and I have to wait to have it repaired...More likely I order a four door fridge, airconditoning and furnace. In the fine print on Forest Rivers paperwork it says they have the right to substitute without notice, so they send the unit without any of those. Of course I've already paid for it.....
Old 10-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #18

Quote:
No sympathy needed here. By your theory, I have a rv ordered, I pay for it and on the way the driver goes under a bridge and tears the entire roof off it, its mine right and I have to wait to have it repaired...More likely I order a four door fridge, airconditoning and furnace. In the fine print on Forest Rivers paperwork it says they have the right to substitute without notice, so they send the unit without any of those. Of course I've already paid for it.....
thats how they operate. I guess you should go to another dealer.

your complaining to US. I suggest you complain to florida state government and the better business bureau. if you search here and rvnet you will find many satisfied(and a few not) customers of rvdirect and that's how they do business.either get over it and take the rv or don't.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #19

I would assume since its a special order the dealer has to pay FR for it when its delivered therefore they want there money. I am surprised that they did not have all the paperwork for the financing done as soon as they had a vin number from FR. I know on all 5 of mine the dealer had everything signed and had there money before I ever got the RV, so as stated by others, if you don't like it take the loss of the deposit and move on.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Have you ever found a car dealer who ordered a car for you without payment, .
yes, when I ordered my 2004 HD it was delivered with out money changing hands or sig, same for my 2006. but the dealer said they can get rid if I do not want pretty easy, also I have bought several vehicles from them in the past so that might of had something to do with it

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote