Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2014, 09:08 AM   #1

Help,Water pump and inverter location???

I have located pretty much everything except the electric water pump and inverter, anyone know where they are at in this thing.
Are they behind the panel in the storage compartment? I'm just wanting to know for my future reference. Thanks for the help.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Are you sure you have an inverter?
Normally unless special ordered u don't have one.
Just a "converter" which is inside or behind your electrical distribution center.
Water pump will be in your basement behind a panel just inside where your water station is.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #3

LO,L sorry converter is what I ment. Thanks that's what I was thinking it was back behind there.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-09-2014, 10:45 AM   #4

My inverter in the front by the generator, mounted on the wall. It could be around there.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #5

Thanks I'll look there also. I just want to know where all this stuff is at incase there's a problem one day then I won't have to search every nook and crany
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #6

Hi Mud my water pump is under the Maine bathroom and it can be accessed by removing the panel in the pass threw storage. I do not have an inverter yet but I will have when I install my solar panels. Have you tried changing your oil filter yet my frame is in the way and I see no way of changing it with out cutting a hole in the frame or removing the generator the drain hose is also blocked by the frame. Check your shower surround close for cracks mine is cracked in two places. both cracks caused by screws from the back side of it.
mark wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #7

Thanks for the heads up and I'll check my shower encloser. Thanks. I haven't had to use the gen. enough to change the oil yet only have 4 hrs. on it so far but I'll look at it also. Thanks again.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-11-2014, 06:04 PM   #8

Hey Mark how are your slide outs working? Have you had any issues with them?
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-15-2014, 08:33 PM   #9

Hi Mud: We haven,t had any trouble with the slides yet but the living room slide squeals some when it moves in or out and I have not had time to figure it out yet but I suspect that the gear boxes for the slide were shipped dry and a little lite oil will fix it. Have you found all of your slide controllers I have found two of them but i haven,t located the one for the main slide yet. Had our first snow of the season last Sunday and it looks like it could be another long winter.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark wyoming View Post
Hi Mud: We haven,t had any trouble with the slides yet but the living room slide squeals some when it moves in or out and I have not had time to figure it out yet but I suspect that the gear boxes for the slide were shipped dry and a little lite oil will fix it. Have you found all of your slide controllers I have found two of them but i haven,t located the one for the main slide yet. Had our first snow of the season last Sunday and it looks like it could be another long winter.
Controllers for slides??? I know where the motors are located and the open/closed buttons are. LOL
We are needing to trim and cut alot of trees on our land so this weekend we will be so call dry camping or boondocking. I'm going to move the Palomino to the other side of the pasture and we are going to camp out like we are without electric and water hookups. Just going to use the generator and on board water tank and see how it goes roughing it. LOL
She said she is going to shower in the house LOL I mowed out a real nice spot about 2 acres and have a hugh pile of wood for a bond fire already in place I just need to get the smoker out of the barn and take it to the camping spot in the pasture. This will be a good way for me to make sure all things work correctly without shore power and water then if things don't work right the house is near by.
The dog and I will make it just fine the GF will just have to drink more.
Our weather is great this time of year, 45 to 50 at night and 75 to 80 during the day!!! I'll post a pic after this weekend of our home camping adventure and bond fire.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
Old 10-17-2014, 05:56 PM   #11

Hi Mud: I hope you have fun dry camping this weekend. The Schwintek slides have a motor on either side of the slide and they use a controller to keep them in sink and according to the Lippert Master manual you can use it to reset the slides and put them into manual mode in an emergency.They also have a read out on them that will tell you what is wrong with slide. I haven,t been in to mine yet to look. The tech at my RV dealer told me today that he did not think that my big slide has a controller because it uses a single motor and I don,t remember what the manual says so I will have to look.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #12

Hi Mark, I haven't looked to see if mine is a single motor or dual motor slide yet but I will let you know.
Battery life after the self leveling and slide outs opened was 12.7v the only thing running after that was the fridg. electronics and fridg fan. I put a 10watt solar panel on the battery but that didn't do much and the battery got down to 12.4v so I fired up the generator for 1 hr. and battery came back up to 13.1 so I need a lot more solar panel. Just to keep the battery up from running the fridg. I can't post pic with this phone but I will Monday of my camp spot. Hope you have a good weekend. Oh and I took 2 showers so using the water pump, works good. GC went up to the house and showered. LOL she is spoiled I think.
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4

Tags
cat, inverter, location, pump, water, water pump