Old 11-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
B47

I predict this latest thread regarding this problem will end up just like the earlier ones - there will be some outrage,suggestions,recommendations and then it will simply fade away.

Old 11-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
I predict this latest thread regarding this problem will end up just like the earlier ones - there will be some outrage,suggestions,recommendations and then it will simply fade away.
X2 We are the consumers of real cheap labour practises from a high profit group.

Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #13

Why does the dealer let all of these problems go,The dealers have to be tired of hearing ..how bad these defects are hurting their business maybe it"s good as it"s gonna get.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

The dealer could care less in some cases as long as they get the green backs.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #15

FR seems to monitor this site. You would think that maybe they would comment.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas flamingo View Post
FR seems to monitor this site. You would think that maybe they would comment.
This site IS about their product, IMHO they would be foolish to not monitor every now and then.

Anyway today is Saturday and we should all be camped out someplace besides in front of a PC screen, but winter is upon some of us.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #17

I don't know if this is unique to Cedar Creeks or if our dealer took care of cleaning up saw dust and double checking all the appliances and accessories. But our 34RLSA was thoroughly cleaned, prepped and ready to go when we picked it up.

The only saw dust I found was behind the fuse panel. I had to remove it to install the wiring for our Progressive EMS. The rest of trailer was very clean... no saw dust behind drawers or cabinets, the storage bays or any where else.

I was expecting to find saw dust/scraps and to discover some minor things that needed tightened or repaired... But all was good.

We did have an issue with the wheel bearings being over greased and ruining the brakes and a leak at the rear AC roof gasket. But CC, Dexter and the dealer took care of the problems right away.
Old 11-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Where was your dealer in this?

They get paid to do a PDI, so if it was a mess that way, start with a complaint to your dealer.

If it was a wholesaler, then you got what you paid for....
(Tweaked!!)
2013 Columbus 320RS-ITS HERE!!
huntr70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #19

Please don't blame the laborers for the poor workmanship. Examples of poor workmanship can almost always be traced back to poor engineering, poor workmanship standards or management not committed to Quality enough to make changes. If the laborers had the proper training and instruction, they will do the right thing. Why do I say this? I'm a retired Quality Assurance professional working 39 years in all facets of QA. I have performed hundreds of quality audits and very seldom did I ever see labor as the root cause of quality issues. I've toured 3 FR plants and have talked to numerous laborers and was very impressed with their commitment. I can only say I hope all of you get over the new RV QA issues and get on with your travels. This activity is very rewarding in so many ways, so take the bitter with the sweet and have fun. See you around the corner and maybe we can talk about this some more around a campfire.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Ada, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #20

Seems to be a popular topic. Whether or not the thread dies isn't really relevant, as this is just another complaint easily found through a google search. I plan on saying something directly to Forest River, but who knows how much good that will do.

I agree that there needs to be some serious QA as well as some standards set. They should be using a special audio file to test that each speaker is correctly connected. They should verify every switch and every light. They should have an actual technical person engineering audio and video setups. But whatever... I'll still enjoy the hell out of this thing, and at least I can fix whatever is broken.

USA workmanship is something that used to equal high quality. It doesn't seem to be an across the board standard anymore.