Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM   #1

Need Advice On Roof

I come to this website once again with hat in hand needing advise. Here is the deal:
I have a 2012 351 THSS that I bought as a birthday present for my wife, brand new in October 2012. This has been a great trailer for us. Back in July, I took the trailer back where I purchased it from, and told them that I wanted the roof resealed, as I had read that this needs to be done on a routine basis to prevent from leaks. When I went back to pick it up, they charged me around $500, and said that it looked OK for the most part, but that they had "Spot Sealed" the places that needed attention. I said that this kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it, to which their reply was that this is normal operating procedure, and to reseal the entire trailer would have cost a lot more money. They assured me it would be ok, and to bring it in every year for future "Spot Sealing". Anyway, we have had a lot of rain here on the Gulf Coast of Texas in the last few days. I'm talking 7 or 8 inches yesterday of a driving rain. I went to check on the trailer today, and sure enough, the roof was leaking around the skylight. Floor was wet, and I could see it dripping. I wiped it up, and put a bucket under it. I went back to the dealer, ask them to do and reseal and they said that they could look at it the middle of next week. I asked about the insulation being wet in the roof, and they said that it did not have any insulation in roof. I was really mad. So my questions are:
1. What happens next after they reseal it again? Does the wet insulation if there is any start mildewing?
2. Should I take it elsewhere for a complete start over reseal?
3. Should I demand that they do what I originally ask them to do and seal the whole thing at a higher cost?
I am 60 years old and had a triple bypass last year this time, and do not believe I have the strength to get on the roof to check their work. Truth of the matter is that I am trailer illiterate, and wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway. Suggestions and guidance needed. Thanks
McIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I hope they removed all the old sealant before installing new for $500.00

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "24 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof