Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 05:07 PM   #1

Need help on following questions for Puma 351THSS

We are in the process of getting our 2nd Toy Hauler. Looking at the Puma 351THSS. My questions and I would like pictures if you could are

1. With the slide open are the tanks easy to get to to drain ? Mine now you must crawl under the slide to drain them.

2. Where is the electrical hook up located.

3. If you get electrical jacks where are the controls for the rear stabilizers located.

4. Where is the water fill located and the outside shower.

5. Where is the battery located.

6. Does the unit have a disconnect switch. Mine now has one in the kitchen.

7. Where is your tank level monitor located. Mine is in the bathroom now and a PIA.

8. Do the exterior flood lights above the ramp door come on when backing the fifth wheeler up. Mine does now which is a nice feature when dark out.

9. Where is the hot water tank located.

10. Water pump location too.

Sorry for all the questions but no brochure tells you this stuff.

2015 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4
2016 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351THSS
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
leadhead358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Missing Link

I don't have that unit but pretty familiar with it as it's the same floor plan as our TT.

1. Behind axles and easy to get to. No crawling.

2. Located above sewage drain.

3. Not sure.

4. Awning side near entry door.

5. Not sure.

6. Not sure.

7. In kitchen between sink and stove.

8. Not sure.

9. Under fridge behind panel.

10. Under sink.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2015, 09:44 PM   #3

1. With the slide open are the tanks easy to get to to drain ? Mine now you must crawl under the slide to drain them.

It is behind the slide out by approx. 2', very easy access w/slide out

2. Where is the electrical hook up located.

Directly above the grey/black tank drain / next to city water hook up

3. If you get electrical jacks where are the controls for the rear stabilizers located.

On the awning side of the trailer at rear corner just above the jack itself. (easy access-switch is mounted on exterior wall, not under camper)

4. Where is the water fill located and the outside shower.

Outside shower is on slide out wall in front of slide out

5. Where is the battery located.

At the wall just behind pin box next to generator box

6. Does the unit have a disconnect switch. Mine now has one in the kitchen.

Not sure

7. Where is your tank level monitor located. Mine is in the bathroom now and a PIA.

In the kitchen

8. Do the exterior flood lights above the ramp door come on when backing the fifth wheeler up. Mine does now which is a nice feature when dark out.

Ours do not-the are controlled by a switch inside the garage area

9. Where is the hot water tank located.

Under fridge-access is next to front door on awning side of camper

10. Water pump location too.

Under sink
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:46 PM   #4

Here is a add for the local dealer that has one with lots of good pictures-click the link and enjoy the pics. This is the same place we bought ours.

2016 Palomino Puma Unleashed Fifth Wheels 351 THSS Stock: | K & K Camping and RV Center
Old 11-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #5

Notice the one at K&K has 2 Coleman 15k AC units and a 12 gallon hot water heater!!! That is the way ours was built and that 12 gallon hot water heater is AWESOME!!! Plus the 2 15k Coleman AC units will get the trailer colder than you can stand on a 95* day with 100% humidity in about 15 minutes flat!

IF you order a 351, I would definitely want those 2 options!!!

I see you have a 800S, we have a XP1000 Desert Edition and have plenty of room in the garage area for the RZR, gas grill, propane bottle spare tires/wheels, and other misc stuff.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:53 PM   #6

Seems most questions were answered. The one that wasn't is the disconnect switch. It does not have one. I added one to mine in the battery compartment.

The rear lights coming on with reverse would be nice. If I need them I just jump in the back and hit the switch.
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilwilliams101 View Post
Notice the one at K&K has 2 Coleman 15k AC units and a 12 gallon hot water heater!!! That is the way ours was built and that 12 gallon hot water heater is AWESOME!!! Plus the 2 15k Coleman AC units will get the trailer colder than you can stand on a 95* day with 100% humidity in about 15 minutes flat!

IF you order a 351, I would definitely want those 2 options!!!
I never even saw the option for the 12 gallon water heater on our order sheet.........................

And it seems all the 2016 Puma pictures I find have the Coleman A/C, which makes me wonder about the Dometics prior years had. I have 2 15K Dometics. 2 a/c's is the only way to get the garage to cool well.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 11-19-2015, 10:11 PM   #8

Very Good Pictures here too........

2016 Puma Unleashed 351THSS Toy Hauler - Premier Edition - Country Roads RV Center - Discount North Carolina RV Dealer for Puma, Surveyor, Sandpiper, Sabre, r-pod, Coachmen, Brookstone, South of Winston-Salem NC

MSRP $50,177. Sale priced at $30,993 Trades Welcome.

Be sure to scroll down lots of pics......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:10 PM   #9

Thanks all for your help. Signed papers last night. They have to order it, told me a couple weeks. A 12 gallon water heater was not an option, but I did get the 6 gallon gas/electric. Got the 50 amp service, but did not get the 2nd A/C, but did get a vent in the garage that was extra and changed all fans to create a breeze fans. Water heater by-pass, upped to 15,000 btu a/c, slide awning, electric jacks and also the premier edition. The reason for getting this gilwilliams101 is the wife said to upgrade to a 900s lol. The hyperlite only had a 9 foot garage and the buggy would not fit so we had to upgrade.

2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #10

Congrats on the 900S and the 351. You have a sweet setup!
Old 11-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
A 12 gallon water heater was not an option, but I did get the 6 gallon gas/electric. Got the 50 amp service, but did not get the 2nd A/C, but did get a vent in the garage that was extra and changed all fans to create a breeze fans. Water heater by-pass, upped to 15,000 btu a/c, slide awning, electric jacks and also the premier edition.
15k was a good choice, all good options! I don't know how some people are getting the 12 gallon water heater. I know the only "upgrade" on our order sheet was the same thing you got, 6 gallon gas / electric DSI. Fan upgrade is a winner too, I'm considering upgrading our bathroom fan to something more powerful like create a breeze or fantastic. Interesting to hear that the slide awning is a factory option now, wasn't when we ordered our 15. I'm still conflicted on if I want to add one or not.

This was my first RV beyond a popup and I learned some lessons, I ordered 30A and wound up converting to 50A and adding the extra A/C unit. I'm not all that impressed with the 15K Dometics. You should be good as it appears Puma has now changed to Coleman units. My buddy has a 38' KZ with a single 15K Coleman and is very happy with it's performance. And he likes to be cold.

Congrats on the new unit!
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
15k was a good choice, all good options! I don't know how some people are getting the 12 gallon water heater. I know the only "upgrade" on our order sheet was the same thing you got, 6 gallon gas / electric DSI. Fan upgrade is a winner too, I'm considering upgrading our bathroom fan to something more powerful like create a breeze or fantastic. Interesting to hear that the slide awning is a factory option now, wasn't when we ordered our 15. I'm still conflicted on if I want to add one or not.

This was my first RV beyond a popup and I learned some lessons, I ordered 30A and wound up converting to 50A and adding the extra A/C unit. I'm not all that impressed with the 15K Dometics. You should be good as it appears Puma has now changed to Coleman units. My buddy has a 38' KZ with a single 15K Coleman and is very happy with it's performance. And he likes to be cold.

Congrats on the new unit!
We started off this year with a 2016 Grey Wolf 27RR that had a 15k Dometic and it seemed really loud to us and took forever to get the 27RR cooled down. The Coleman 15k's seem a lot quieter than the Dometic and a lot more efficient.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #13

Didn't want to mislead you ferguson65 . The slide awning was not a factory option. From having my other toyhauler this was an aftermarket awning the dealer is putting on. I used to carry a leaf blower and ladder in the garage to be able to blow the slide off before sliding it in just to make sure of no debris. Buy doing this and adding the factory option roof ladder now I don't have to carry them. lol more room for beer ! Although I will still take the leaf blower it is great blowing the dew off the RZR in the morning or dust off it when returning from riding. I just wish they would make the bathrooms a little bigger and the commode a little higher. You either have your knees in your ears or you legs in the shower.

2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
Didn't want to mislead you ferguson65 . The slide awning was not a factory option. From having my other toyhauler this was an aftermarket awning the dealer is putting on. I used to carry a leaf blower and ladder in the garage to be able to blow the slide off before sliding it in just to make sure of no debris. Buy doing this and adding the factory option roof ladder now I don't have to carry them. lol more room for beer ! Although I will still take the leaf blower it is great blowing the dew off the RZR in the morning or dust off it when returning from riding. I just wish they would make the bathrooms a little bigger and the commode a little higher. You either have your knees in your ears or you legs in the shower.
Makes a bit more sense now. I've not done anything as far as slide toppers go but may in the future. Feel like I've been bleeding money since I bought it and trying to slow that down..................there's always another mod or some other thing I want.

I do have the roof ladder also, dealer told me that it needs to come off during transport and I find it very annoying (takes up too much of that beer space!) in the garage. I've decided to just leave it on and deal with it for now.
2016 Nights camped 5
Old 12-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
Makes a bit more sense now. I've not done anything as far as slide toppers go but may in the future. Feel like I've been bleeding money since I bought it and trying to slow that down..................there's always another mod or some other thing I want.

I do have the roof ladder also, dealer told me that it needs to come off during transport and I find it very annoying (takes up too much of that beer space!) in the garage. I've decided to just leave it on and deal with it for now.
I leave our ladder on all the time. I use it for a guide when backing up. Lol

Tags
puma