Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
ferguson65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
A 12 gallon water heater was not an option, but I did get the 6 gallon gas/electric. Got the 50 amp service, but did not get the 2nd A/C, but did get a vent in the garage that was extra and changed all fans to create a breeze fans. Water heater by-pass, upped to 15,000 btu a/c, slide awning, electric jacks and also the premier edition.
15k was a good choice, all good options! I don't know how some people are getting the 12 gallon water heater. I know the only "upgrade" on our order sheet was the same thing you got, 6 gallon gas / electric DSI. Fan upgrade is a winner too, I'm considering upgrading our bathroom fan to something more powerful like create a breeze or fantastic. Interesting to hear that the slide awning is a factory option now, wasn't when we ordered our 15. I'm still conflicted on if I want to add one or not.

This was my first RV beyond a popup and I learned some lessons, I ordered 30A and wound up converting to 50A and adding the extra A/C unit. I'm not all that impressed with the 15K Dometics. You should be good as it appears Puma has now changed to Coleman units. My buddy has a 38' KZ with a single 15K Coleman and is very happy with it's performance. And he likes to be cold.

Congrats on the new unit!
__________________

__________________
2013 F350 dually
2015 Palomino Puma 351THSS Premier Edition
2015 Nights camped 15
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
15k was a good choice, all good options! I don't know how some people are getting the 12 gallon water heater. I know the only "upgrade" on our order sheet was the same thing you got, 6 gallon gas / electric DSI. Fan upgrade is a winner too, I'm considering upgrading our bathroom fan to something more powerful like create a breeze or fantastic. Interesting to hear that the slide awning is a factory option now, wasn't when we ordered our 15. I'm still conflicted on if I want to add one or not.

This was my first RV beyond a popup and I learned some lessons, I ordered 30A and wound up converting to 50A and adding the extra A/C unit. I'm not all that impressed with the 15K Dometics. You should be good as it appears Puma has now changed to Coleman units. My buddy has a 38' KZ with a single 15K Coleman and is very happy with it's performance. And he likes to be cold.

Congrats on the new unit!
We started off this year with a 2016 Grey Wolf 27RR that had a 15k Dometic and it seemed really loud to us and took forever to get the 27RR cooled down. The Coleman 15k's seem a lot quieter than the Dometic and a lot more efficient.
__________________

__________________
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 05:16 PM   #13
Member
 
leadhead358's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 48
Didn't want to mislead you ferguson65 . The slide awning was not a factory option. From having my other toyhauler this was an aftermarket awning the dealer is putting on. I used to carry a leaf blower and ladder in the garage to be able to blow the slide off before sliding it in just to make sure of no debris. Buy doing this and adding the factory option roof ladder now I don't have to carry them. lol more room for beer ! Although I will still take the leaf blower it is great blowing the dew off the RZR in the morning or dust off it when returning from riding. I just wish they would make the bathrooms a little bigger and the commode a little higher. You either have your knees in your ears or you legs in the shower.
__________________

2015 Chevrolet 3500 HD 4X4
2016 Palomino Puma Unleashed 351THSS
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
Dear Black Lab Ruby
leadhead358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 08:35 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
ferguson65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Southeast PA
Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadhead358 View Post
Didn't want to mislead you ferguson65 . The slide awning was not a factory option. From having my other toyhauler this was an aftermarket awning the dealer is putting on. I used to carry a leaf blower and ladder in the garage to be able to blow the slide off before sliding it in just to make sure of no debris. Buy doing this and adding the factory option roof ladder now I don't have to carry them. lol more room for beer ! Although I will still take the leaf blower it is great blowing the dew off the RZR in the morning or dust off it when returning from riding. I just wish they would make the bathrooms a little bigger and the commode a little higher. You either have your knees in your ears or you legs in the shower.
Makes a bit more sense now. I've not done anything as far as slide toppers go but may in the future. Feel like I've been bleeding money since I bought it and trying to slow that down..................there's always another mod or some other thing I want.

I do have the roof ladder also, dealer told me that it needs to come off during transport and I find it very annoying (takes up too much of that beer space!) in the garage. I've decided to just leave it on and deal with it for now.
__________________
2013 F350 dually
2015 Palomino Puma 351THSS Premier Edition
2015 Nights camped 15
2016 Nights camped 5
ferguson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 09:24 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferguson65 View Post
Makes a bit more sense now. I've not done anything as far as slide toppers go but may in the future. Feel like I've been bleeding money since I bought it and trying to slow that down..................there's always another mod or some other thing I want.

I do have the roof ladder also, dealer told me that it needs to come off during transport and I find it very annoying (takes up too much of that beer space!) in the garage. I've decided to just leave it on and deal with it for now.
I leave our ladder on all the time. I use it for a guide when backing up. Lol
__________________

__________________
gilwilliams101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
puma

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.