Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #1

onboard fuel tank blowing fuses

ok so i put $100 worth of Rec fuel in camper to use on my trip, so i turned switch on inside of garage and then the switch outside, the pump started running, ran about 10 secs and stopped, so i squeezed handle and nothing and it wouldnt come back on, so i go inside and my interior lights are out also, so anyway i find the blown fuse. Its a 7.5? that doesnt seem right to me so i changed it and it popped again, i cannot find anything in the books i have about what size fuse is supposed to be in it, i would think larger than a 7.5. anyone have one that can check???

thanks
Rob
Old 09-24-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Sounds like the fuel pump is wired into the lights and it should be wired to a fuse of its own. Is there a label on the fuse that keeps blowing?
Old 09-24-2018, 06:47 PM   #3

no labels, on anything but breakers, the fuses have nothing and nothing in the manual, dealer said that the breaker is prob wrong, try a 15 amp. im gonna call palomino tomm and check. havent found anything on website yet either.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Site Team

I wouldn't just replace that 7.5A fuse with a larger one until I knew what all it powered and more importantly, what size wire was connected to it.

You may have to do some investigating, but I'd want to know what each fuse was protecting. You can start the search by unplugging a fuse and seeing what stops working.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I wouldn't just replace that 7.5A fuse with a larger one until I knew what all it powered and more importantly, what size wire was connected to it.

You may have to do some investigating, but I'd want to know what each fuse was protecting. You can start the search by unplugging a fuse and seeing what stops working.
Yeah i have decided to not just jump fuse, the company should of had this done, im gonna try and contact them now, if not dealer will have to do it next month when i drop it off for other issues.

thanks

Tags
fuel, fuse, tank