Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #1

Puma 298fqu thoughts

Hi,

I am looking at buying a Puma Unleashed 298fqu. I was wondering if anyone had anyone experience with this model or a similar model, if there are any known issues or if there is anything else I should know before making this purchase.

Thanks!
Ormrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #2

We like ours though it's in the shop right now for a window leak. The selling points for us were the ability to carry two quads (one forward, one sideways), no slide and the living quarters layout. Our has the two reclining bucket seats which we like to play cards in.

The 100 gallon water tank is a plus but it has small black and grey tanks.

What we learned we don't like is the cabinet over the bathroom sink. It gets in the way. The floor squeaks in front of the kitchen sink. This is because they have to cut the floor joists to run the heat ducts own the center of the trailer. There is no 12v outlet. You will need to negotiate that option with your stealer if you want one.

The trailer has a 1,800lb pin weight dry. When fully loaded, ours is around 2,200lbs. This puts my 3/4 ton HD at max GVRW.
2002 GMC 2500HD 8.1/Allison 4:10
2007 Honda Rancher 420
2009 Honda Rancher AT
ugeesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #3

298fqu

I just took my 2014 out on it's first outing...came home with a horrible squeal under the carriage, it goes to the shop later today for a look-see. It seems really heavy, my 1999 Dodge 3500 Cummins diesel dually works to tow it. I carry Border Collies to sheep dog trials, and they ain't that heavy. But the floor plan is great, no slide is a plus for me, and the chairs are really comfy. Light switch arrangements are non-intuitive, I constantly fumble around in the dark trying to figure out which one I need.

So be sure you have enough truck and don't complain about gas mileage. Enjoy.
sheepdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote