Old 03-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1

Puma 351 Generator

Just picked up a 2013 Puma 351 Unleashed last weekend from Big Daddy's RV in KY. The RV is fully loaded minus the generator. What are you guys doing for generators? If you are using a portable unit, are you also using the generator compartment? I have been looking at a Lifan 3600 generator/invertor from home depot for ~$1000. It even has a remote start. I seen a guy with one of these at a race track and it was super quite. Would love to have a portable unit installed in the generator compartment.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 AM   #2

I am considering the same generator but has been unable to get a response. Hopefully we can get some response. Have a Lifan 2000 regular generator which runs fine but won't run my AC on my new TT. Good luck on getting info. If I get any will let you know.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:08 AM   #3

I have a Honda 3000 iu that I use on my house during power outages. It is not a 220v but it will handle all of my homes 110v. I just bought the adaptor cable to be able to hook it up to the TT.
It is very quit while in eco mode. Fuel usage is great also. Medium load it will run 24hrs on 4 1/2gal.
I have never seen or heard of the brand you spoke of but that's not uncommon could be a regional thing. The Honda is a bit pricier than the one you mention. I think I gave 1600 for mine 3 yrs ago.
Me and my wife with 3 kids love camping!!
dmf564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 AM   #4

Boliy Generator

You might check w/ avocadoman. He posted in the above thread that he runs one and is pretty happy with it. Do a search for Lifan and you will see a few more threads that may help.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #5

Thanks for the information guys.

Rebel702 - you have me interested in these Boliy generators. They seem to have a pretty good reputation and the price is good also. Lots of good comments about them on other forums. One thing i cannot figure out on the Boliy is which direction the exhaust points. Does anyone know?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #6

The exhaust points to the right if you are facing the plug/control panel. I just got one, started right up, sounds good. I was very happy with the noise level.

I had mine modified by pinellas power products with a remote start and set up for an auxillary fuel tank to extend the run time.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #7

Thanks thunderalley3. If i mounted the generator in the front compartment like factory, would i be able to run it with the compartment cover closed or does it need to be open all the time? Also may i ask where you purchased the generator?
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #8

I am not sure if you could run it with the compartment closed, they need air to stay cool and the exhaust needs a way out.

I purchased mine from bottom line trading. Call them and talk to them, very nice people and very "into" the generator and they know alot about generator types and applications.

They have a deal with the shop that did my modifications as well and have new units setting there also so when you order it is done quickly. I purchased mine over the phone on Tuesday and it was done and delivered to me on the next Monday.

Just google bottom line trading and they have a nice website and their contact info is there. When I called I had to leave a message but they called back quickly and spent all the time needed to answer questions and make recommendations.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #9

I used a pair of Honda 2000s to run my trailer. It runs much better on non-ethanol fuel than the normal junk.

On my 27SBU the generator shelf is under the bed. I had a few people say that having the generator there, even with the super quiet, can be a bit noisy. Being able to move the generator more to the rear of the trailer means you damn near can't hear the unit inside the trailer.

One other thing to check is whether the generator can accept an external fuel tank or not. Hondas have fuel pumps and that makes rigging an external fuel tank very simple.
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Diesel 4x4
Why I got into RVing & More Fun
ng2951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #10

I use a Honda 3000 and so far so good, plus I have yet to find a generator that runsa as quiet on as little gas. Yes you will pay more, but it's worth it.

2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote