Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #1

Puma 356QLB Questions

Hey everyone, looking to upgrade from my Rockwood Roo 232 to a toyhauler and have my eyes set on the 356QLB. The length and layout are about perfect but I have a couple questions for current owners. First, is there any kind of prep for a washer anywhere? Second is what is the clearance under the loft in the garage and what is the clearance under the double bunk when up? I have a UTV that I would need to fit and wondering if it will.
I did talk to Palomino about putting a party deck option on it and they told be they are considering this as an option. Thanks!

Steve

Old 06-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
Cosmo's Dad

I don't think there is a washer prep anywhere, maybe an option but I don't have it in mine. As for clearances, I don't have exact numbers right now but based on my height I can guesstimate that probly 7' under the loft toward the front of the garage and 5 1/2 or so under the bunks when they're up.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveman View Post
I don't think there is a washer prep anywhere, maybe an option but I don't have it in mine. As for clearances, I don't have exact numbers right now but based on my height I can guesstimate that probly 7' under the loft toward the front of the garage and 5 1/2 or so under the bunks when they're up.
Thanks for the info. It sounds like my side by side would not fit with the bunks then. I need about 72" clearance for it to fit. I wonder why those bunks hang down so much?
Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
Cosmo's Dad

You could remove one of the bunks. I have heard of others doing that to gain additional clearance.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbare View Post
Hey everyone, looking to upgrade from my Rockwood Roo 232 to a toyhauler and have my eyes set on the 356QLB. The length and layout are about perfect but I have a couple questions for current owners. First, is there any kind of prep for a washer anywhere? Second is what is the clearance under the loft in the garage and what is the clearance under the double bunk when up? I have a UTV that I would need to fit and wondering if it will.
I did talk to Palomino about putting a party deck option on it and they told be they are considering this as an option. Thanks!

Steve

Mine does not have a connection for a washing machine. I do not know the exact clearance but I believe it is about 6' at the front of the garage and 6' 3" under the bunks. I have measured the clearance before, but I can’t remember what the measurements were. I have taken out the bottom bunk to get more clearance for my buddy’s golf cart. It fit under the front of the garage with about a ¼” of wiggle room between the roof of golf cart and the roof of the front of the garage. My side x side(Arctic Cat 650 Prowler) will not fit in the garage, but I am sure a Polaris RZR would fit, assuming it does not have a lift. The garage will fit 3 Harleys no problem, or my 4 wheeler and my Harley. Hope this helps, and if I think about it when I get home today I will measure again and post the measurements.
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbreaux View Post
Mine does not have a connection for a washing machine. I do not know the exact clearance but I believe it is about 6' at the front of the garage and 6' 3" under the bunks. I have measured the clearance before, but I can’t remember what the measurements were. I have taken out the bottom bunk to get more clearance for my buddy’s golf cart. It fit under the front of the garage with about a ¼” of wiggle room between the roof of golf cart and the roof of the front of the garage. My side x side(Arctic Cat 650 Prowler) will not fit in the garage, but I am sure a Polaris RZR would fit, assuming it does not have a lift. The garage will fit 3 Harleys no problem, or my 4 wheeler and my Harley. Hope this helps, and if I think about it when I get home today I will measure again and post the measurements.
Thanks! I have a Commander and total height is in at just about 72" I have the air shocks and I can lower the unit a couple inches so it sounds like this would be close.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
Cosmo's Dad

madbare in my unit I have 74 1/2 inches under the loft and 67 1/2 under the bunks with them fully raised. I do have both bunks still in my unit but if you remove one you should be ok.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #8

Boy was I ever off. The clearance under the bunks is 5' 9", the clearance at the front of the garage (bottom of loft) is 6' 2". The bunks do come out, but I do not recomend trying to adjust the height of the bottom bunk. I tried to get the 5" so the bottom of the bunk would be level with the bottom of the loft, if you don't drink believe me you will start if you try to adjust the track height! I found out the hard way that the pins to secure the bunks are for easy bunk removal and not to try to adjust the track height like I did.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #9

Great info guys, I really appreciate you taking the time to measure this for me. It appears if I remove the lower bunk, then I would be ok.
That was my main concern and since the local dealer doesn't stock this model I had no way of knowing.
Now I need to find if I can add a Washer prep. I do not see this listed as an option and not sure why. It looks like most TH's have this as an option. Palomino actually gave me the phone number to the factory to ask about this. I will give them a ring and see what they say.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #10

No problem, and good luck with the washer prep station, hope they can make it happen for you.