Old 03-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #121

Yea that was not an option for me when i bought, but agree with Oak. There would be few opportunities to use it for me. On another note, first trip had a couple hiccups but here set up on a cool night. My modification to raise the beds for my golf cart worked.

My rear beds lowered themselves during travel. This happen to any of you? Also i can't seem to get it stabilized the way i want. I have xchocks and king pin stabilizer. I am sure i am not using the correctly. Practice will make me better! How tight do you guys tighten your stabilizer jacks?

2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by toylover View Post
I am a little worried about adding stress to the ramp by using it contrary to how it was designed. Is the hinge strong enough to withstand the constant pressure of using it as a patio? Don't know just thinking aloud.
I guess that's the question. I noticed at a local RV show that many other brands actually make a kit with 2 cables and a net type fence that goes around creating a great patio. I agree that it is not the majority but I think it would be great in some locations. At the same time not worth damaging the camper. I cant imagine other FR brands are using that much better hinges etc. I have emailed Palomino with this question as well as my earlier question about adding heat to the garage and I cant get a response at all so I figured I would ask. Thanks guys. Hope some of you are out camping right now. The weather here in PA today is beautiful.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #123

I just picked up my 351thss march 29th. haven't use it yet, but to those who would like to raise the beds in the garage is simple. There is a limit switch on the back curbside rail. It is mounted on the inside and has two screws holding it. Move it up to the next spot and you will gain 3". I also moved the L brackets up one hole on the bottom bed to get another 1.5". just make sure there is nothing on the beds when you raise them. I'm new here so I'm sure I'll find things to do.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
Yea that was not an option for me when i bought, but agree with Oak. There would be few opportunities to use it for me. On another note, first trip had a couple hiccups but here set up on a cool night. My modification to raise the beds for my golf cart worked.

My rear beds lowered themselves during travel. This happen to any of you? Also i can't seem to get it stabilized the way i want. I have xchocks and king pin stabilizer. I am sure i am not using the correctly. Practice will make me better! How tight do you guys tighten your stabilizer jacks?
Do they drift down when not traveling? ........ Mine did & I found a little switch on the motor (or that area) that was in the wrong position..... I would go out & look to see exactly where it is..... but I got to be up at 4 & it snowed & now sleeting.........so much for spring (going to be in the 70s over the weekend) Feel bad for the the RVers down at the track (Martinsville).

Look near the motor that may fix your problem........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #125

I'm up grading my tie downs with heavy duty flush mounts. The reinforcement plate that they say is a 1/4" is only 1/16" on mine. That is not a problem though because they are welded to the cross mimbers. I don't trust my harley to be held in place with two 1/4 self tapping screws.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #126

Thanks Oak, heard about the nice spring weather you got. We got a little of it in Northern Va. As for the switch i will check this weekend. Can you tell me the position it should be in or is that obvious? Called the dealer and they are sending me pins to put in the rails that stop them from lowering. My last TH had them but i didn't see holes in the rails on this one. Maybe i missed it. They only lowered themselves during travel last time. I will check this weekend to see if they lowered themselves since i parked it.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
Thanks Oak, heard about the nice spring weather you got. We got a little of it in Northern Va. As for the switch i will check this weekend. Can you tell me the position it should be in or is that obvious? Called the dealer and they are sending me pins to put in the rails that stop them from lowering. My last TH had them but i didn't see holes in the rails on this one. Maybe i missed it. They only lowered themselves during travel last time. I will check this weekend to see if they lowered themselves since i parked it.
There are only two holes above where the switch is currently located that are the same.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcr61 View Post
I'm up grading my tie downs with heavy duty flush mounts. The reinforcement plate that they say is a 1/4" is only 1/16" on mine. That is not a problem though because they are welded to the cross mimbers. I don't trust my harley to be held in place with two 1/4 self tapping screws.
So are you saying the stock tie downs are welded or the new heavy duty tie downs you are adding you will weld? I have heard of gus ripping out tie downs so I wondered what could be done to add better support.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
So are you saying the stock tie downs are welded or the new heavy duty tie downs you are adding you will weld? I have heard of gus ripping out tie downs so I wondered what could be done to add better support.
Neither are welded. There is a thin plate under the floor that is about 8" wide and 1/16" thick that is welded to the cross members. You can see them from the underside of the floor. The stock tie downs use a 1/4" self tapping screw to hold the tie downs to the floor. They go through the floor and the metal support under the floor. I will use 4 bolts per tie down that will also go through the floor and metal support. They will have lock nuts on them.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by toylover View Post
I am a little worried about adding stress to the ramp by using it contrary to how it was designed. Is the hinge strong enough to withstand the constant pressure of using it as a patio? Don't know just thinking aloud.
I made my 27sbu ramp a patio, feels pretty secure

2017 Heartland Cyclone 3800
2016 Ford F350 6.7 DRW
B&W Companion
pjones1969 is offline   Reply With Quote