Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #11

I also have a 356QLB. Its only two months old. Does anyone have a air flow restriction in the bedroom heating floor vent? The air coming out of that vent is alot less than in the kitchen. I have not checked the duct work to see if something is kinked.

One other question, Has anyone upgraded the metal tie downs. I had one come apart while driving down the road. Luckily my Yamaha rhino had an emergency brake and did not come through the glass door. Just curious what anyone has done for an upgrade.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #12

Any roof requires maintenance, I have not had leaks with either of our Pumas I can't say that for a friends 2006 $45,ooo KZ Sportster toyhauler. Also the smooth fiberglass side panels may look nicer but the old style AL ribbed sides are easier to repair if need be, and do not have the delamanation problems that some smooth sides do.
As far as the bathroom issue I can agree with you on that, but there is a curtain that goes all the way across the bedroom at the end of the bed on the 356.
Keep looking for a dealer no matter which model you buy it is always better to see what you are getting before you buy. Even if you order one from another dealer closer to you. Our dealer does not stock toyhaulers but I made sure it was what we wanted at a show. He hasn't sent anyone but I offer if he had anyone interested to send them over (I live within 5 miles of our dealer).
The 356 sleeps 10 nicely 5 queen size beds. The main bed, the loft bed, 2 queens in the toyroom that lift up and the dinette is very large "U" shape. The back side seats in the dinette are smaller we have no troubles but some might. The side seats are standard size in a camper.
Towing can't help much on, I have an 05 Dodge duelly diesel. Just me but I'll not likely ever go back to a regular full size. I like Fords but will probably not go back to them either, the last few Fords we owned stayed in the shop too much. My Diesel F250 went through 3 transmissions in 112K miles, still have my Mustangs though....That was back when we had a Terry that weight 4500 lbs.
When comparing to our friends Sportster it has a few nicer features but for over $15K less We are very happy so far.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #13

Counrty Roads RV Center web site has some of the best pictures of both the 356 QLB and the 351 THSS (and others). they are in NC but they keep pictures up even though the units have been sold. Do a search for "puma356 country" and you should find them. The 356 they show has the standard cabinets & refrigerator door the 351 THSS has the cherry cabinets & raised panel ref door. I see on the 351 Puma has changed the kitchen counter on the door side. There are a few new changes not on their 356 but not any big ones.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #14

No as far as an upgrade to the tie downs I haul a gof car & tie it down with 7 of the tie downs. No issues as far as any of them coming apart.
The heat vent may have less air flow on ours but keep in mid the kitchen ones are near the furnace and flat to the floor, the bedroom is much further from the furnace and raised above the main floor, (the bedroom floor is over 1 foot higher). Having said that you hight want to see if any debris fell down into the duct.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #15

I have 2009 f250 with 6.8 v10 and 4:10 rear end rated at 14,100 fifth wheel. I pull a 2011 Salem 32 SRVP which is very close to the 356. The P model gives you sliding glass door and dual electric queen beds in rear. Loaded with a electric golf cart I am just over 11,000. Pulls fine with no issues. I paid around 23k new from Jeff Couch RV nation (brannon) in 2011 but since then they added fiberglass cap electric awning and electric rear jacks so I'm sure price went up a little. This has been best camper I have owned so far!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #16

Its only two months old, Oak. Only used it two or three times. Nothing has fell in it. Unless it was from the factory like that, I need to check. I have a yamaha rhino. Its about 1200lbs. A little bit heaver than a golf cart. I was just asking if anyone has had the same problem. I think I will have to get some heaver duty tie downs to replace the ones there.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM   #17

Sorry was just saying mine has less air flow at the bedroom (normal) but if your is alot less check to see if debris fell in it (at the factory).
Also just saying I have not had any tie down problems. Yes my golf car weighs less than your Rhino it only weighs a little over 875 lbs with batterys and my options. (Have weighed it). You asked if anyone had tie down issues. Up grade if you feel you need to. Probably not a bad idea. I have talked to people that have tied down Harleys in them with no issues.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #18

I think upgraded tie downs are a good idea in any toy hauler. I plan to haul my Teryx 4 a 4 seater UTV that weighs 1600lbs and is 10'6" long. Thanks again for all the conversation on this camper. I need to search around for a place a bit closer to see one of these in person. It would be great if I could find a dealer with both models. Also, with a 2500 I have to keep hitch weight in mind.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #19

Another question for you guys. Can you stand up in the front master bed room of either model? The nose is not the big huge rounded style like some others so I was curious if a normal sized guy can stand straight up next to the bed? Thanks
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #20

Just for everyones info. I looked at the tie downs and all that is holding them down is two long 1/4" self tapping sheet metal screws. They are screwed into a thin metal plate under the camper. The triangle clevis that is on the floor is not even a whole piece. It separated and came loose on a trip, per my previous post.

I plan on upgrading. Will do some looking at Tractor Supply or ebay.