Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #201

Thanks, sounds like I made a good choice

2013 Chevy 2500HD Crewcab Duramax
2014 Puma Unleashed 351 THSS
2010 Camaro 2-RS/SS
2011 Can Am Commander 1000 XT
1 Wife--4 dogs --5 Horses
Seneca SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #202

How much clearance under the bunks when all the way up ??? I might need to modify it a little

2010 Camaro 2-RS/SS
Old 09-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca SS View Post
How much clearance under the bunks when all the way up ??? I might need to modify it a little

By moving the stop switch and screws and with both bunks still installed I got it to 71.5". I will be looking for more clearance this fall.
bluefinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefinger View Post
By moving the stop switch and screws and with both bunks still installed I got it to 71.5". I will be looking for more clearance this fall.
Thanks, that should be enough--we'll see

2010 Camaro 2-RS/SS
Old 09-22-2013, 07:57 PM   #205

Wall Panels & Sliding Door

I've noticed a few more places where the paneling staples are pulling out. All I can think of is the flexing of the trailer while on the road. Not certain how to go about solving that problem. We also had one of the rollers on the master bedroom slider pop out of the top of the door. Not certain how to fix that.
The Reese Elite Slide Hitch finally came in. I almost cancelled the order and stayed with the fixed hitch. In our travels with the fixed hitch I really never got into a situation where we really needed the slider. A few close calls though. The slide option is really just insurance.
We have had a great summer with this trailer. Hope to make a few more trips before winter really sets in.
Happy Trails To All.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F350 & Puma.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	40137  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:28 PM   #206

We retired at the end of March and received out new 351 in May. We have camped in it numerous times over long weekends and full weeks at a time. We have thoroughly enjoyed this unit. We tow our Puma with a Chevy 2500 HD and never felt like we needed more power.
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #207

Anyone had this happen to their fridge? Cracked at the bottom corner. Warranty should cover this correct? Or is it anything to worry about?

Name:	ForumRunner_20131004_125840.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	40643
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
Anyone had this happen to their fridge? Cracked at the bottom corner. Warranty should cover this correct? Or is it anything to worry about?

Attachment 40643
I would have it checked for warranty replacement for sure

2010 Camaro 2-RS/SS
Old 10-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #209

I have a 351THSS on order. Has anyone added an extra battery to the compartment? Thoughts on doing so?
I would like to know the pro's and cons of doing this. I did it for a truck camper so I had extra reserve for those occasions where running a generator wasn't an option.
Racedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racedrvr View Post
I have a 351THSS on order. Has anyone added an extra battery to the compartment? Thoughts on doing so?
I would like to know the pro's and cons of doing this. I did it for a truck camper so I had extra reserve for those occasions where running a generator wasn't an option.
If you plan on doing good bit of off grid camping and run the heater without the Generator running I definitely would. All the interior lights are LED's and draw very low current. Very low draw on 12 volts other than water pump and heater motor.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 AM   #211

Planning to take my unit in soon to have the repairs done on the walll and fridge. You have anymore issue with staples coming out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabraz View Post
I've noticed a few more places where the paneling staples are pulling out. All I can think of is the flexing of the trailer while on the road. Not certain how to go about solving that problem. We also had one of the rollers on the master bedroom slider pop out of the top of the door. Not certain how to fix that.
The Reese Elite Slide Hitch finally came in. I almost cancelled the order and stayed with the fixed hitch. In our travels with the fixed hitch I really never got into a situation where we really needed the slider. A few close calls though. The slide option is really just insurance.
We have had a great summer with this trailer. Hope to make a few more trips before winter really sets in.
Happy Trails To All.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 12-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #212

Just picked up my unit after the repairs were done. The dealer got a message from the forest river warranty department that my unit may need to come to the factory for repairs. Anyone else told this?
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 12-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #213

Wall Panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
Just picked up my unit after the repairs were done. The dealer got a message from the forest river warranty department that my unit may need to come to the factory for repairs. Anyone else told this?
Hi F&R
Recently went to Kinder LA for a long weekend. On that trip I noticed two more sections of wall board that the staples were pulling out. One of the slider doors had also broke so I took it in for the final year one service. I went ahead and made a fairly long list as it was going to be the last opportunity for factory warranty service and I wanted everything addressed.
The dealer tells me everything is complete but they are waiting on the seam tape to come in and they will finish it up. They have not said anything about the factory making any inquiries but at least the problem is properly documented.
I initially purchased the second year factory warranty through FR but have heard it is basically worthless. Don't know that for a fact though. I am a bit interested in an extended warranty but the price is a sticking point. That and I am pretty handy and was looking forward to keeping things fixed myself. That being said, has anyone else had any real experience with the Good Sam extended warranties? I have heard it is best to buy one while still in year one of ownership.
How did your repairs turn out? Has there been anymore discussion of returning your unit to the factory to have it looked at?
Merry Christmas to All!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	173
ID:	43678  
Old 12-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #214

I just took delivery of my new 351thss. I had ordered 50 amp service with the 2nd air conditioner as we anticipated camping in hot areas at times. When the unit came to the dealer the 2nd air was mounted in the garage, not in the forward bedroom as both the dealer and I expected. Forest River offered to move it forward and replace the garage hole with a vent under warranty. The dealer also noted a defect in the table that I didn't see. A screw had been tightened too much holding one of the table mounts underneath. It had pushed up a spot ever so slightly on the surface of the table. The factory sent a new table directly to my home no charge! So far I am very pleased with the factory and dealer and how they handled this.

I don't have many miles on the unit here in snowy Ky, but I am nervous about the wall staple thing you guys have encountered. I certainly will be watching for it.
Racedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #215

Hey guys I spoke with the Puma warranty guy about my concerns. I am done camping until March of 2014. They noted the issue and will cover it if the problem occurs again. I suggest you email the warranty department on Puma website. He should be aware if you have warranty repairs, but an email response for your file would be great.

I initially had the extended warranty but I canceled it days later. In my experience and from talking to others it's not worth it it. So many loopholes so if you decide to purchase it make sure you ask a lot of questions. From what I understand they were refer most things to your Insurance.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #216

Wall Paneling

Thanks for the insight Fred. I think I'll pass on the extended warranty. Lets see how the second year of FR warranty works out.
Racedrvr. I would not worry about the walls too much. I think the 351 is a great fiver. For the price point it is hard to beat. Have fun.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	122
ID:	43891  
Old 02-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #217

Can anyone tell me if the garage will fit two fullsize ATVs side by side? I am considering one of these as my next camper. Photos of a pair of quads in the garage would be appreciated.

Thanks all.
Horribilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #218

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well with the snow! I don't think you will have a problem getting both quads in the unit. I have my golf cart and Harley in there with no issue. I wouldn't worry about the walls. So far forest river has been good about any warranty repairs. I agree this is an awesome unit, especially for the price. I also like the option we have on the 351 of having the dining table and the couch. Most other units just have the long couch. Can't wait for spring so I can get out on the unit!
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 02-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #219

We have a Honda Foreman and a Polaris Sportsman we run the Honda in first and turn it 90 degrees by hand ( Honda is the lightest of the two) then put the Polaris in. They will not fit side by side.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Forest River Forums mobile app
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:15 AM   #220

Anyone have the internal measurements of the garage?
Horribilis is offline   Reply With Quote