Old 08-23-2012, 12:36 PM   #1

Puma Unleashed 351THSS

We are thinking of ordering a Puma Unleashed 351THSS. We would love some feedback since this is a new floorplan.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #2

Ordered One Yesterday

We just ordered one yesterday. Be here in four weeks. We looked at the 30THSS, but a Harley would not fit in the side door. My wife fell in love with the floorplan, and the 351 THSS was exactly the same. I am trying to decide which hitch to put in my 2011 Ford Superduty, 6.7 Diesel Short Bed 4x4 F250. I'm thinking Superglide. Any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIII
We just ordered one yesterday. Be here in four weeks. We looked at the 30THSS, but a Harley would not fit in the side door. My wife fell in love with the floorplan, and the 351 THSS was exactly the same. I am trying to decide which hitch to put in my 2011 Ford Superduty, 6.7 Diesel Short Bed 4x4 F250. I'm thinking Superglide. Any suggestions?

congrats on the new unit !
Just a quick heads up
If the Dealer told you 4 weeks
Hope for 8 weeks realistically. anything less Is a bonus.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #4

Deal Breaker

I made this very explicit. If the trailer is not here in less than five weeks, the deal is off. He contacted the factory while I was there, and was assured that it can be done as the factory is not overloaded now. Have you had this happen to you before? And were you promised 4 to 5 weeks and they did not deliver? I need to know this right now so I can come up with a plan B as deer season starts on the 5th of November. Thanks
Old 09-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #5

Hi, We went with the Puma 356QLB about same size as the 351THSS but the 356QLB fit us better. We ordered ours in early April got there in late May but that was the start of their busy season. The things we did not like about the 351 was the lack of underfloor storage in the front, the bathroom, we liked the 356's loft bed & sliding glass doors between the garage & the living area, we thought we might miss the sofa but the huge U shape dinette which the table can be removed made up for it. Keep in mind if you order one with Puma everything is an option. Which is good & bad both. Do your home work. Also the empty weight is without options. The 356QLB says in the liturature that it weighs about 9200 lbs empty ours came in at over 9600 lbs empty. I can assume thge 351THSS would be off about the same. We did not want the checkerboard awning so got them to put on another plain type (grey stripe). Also love the dark cherry cabinets don't look cheap. Good Luck hope this helped.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #6

351thss

Quote:
Originally Posted by McIII View Post
So how is the 351THSS holding up? I too am very interested in this model and am curious what the unloaded factory weight came in at? How is it towing? You fairly comfortable with your F-250 towing this trailer loaded? Have you pulled it over the scales?

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:02 PM   #7

I too would like to hear how it's holding up. Any problems? How was the fit and finnish. I dont really trust Forrest rivers build quality and QC so I want to hear real world. Also, if you dont mind sharing, what did you guys pay out the door? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #8

We have the 356QLB almost 36 feet almost same length 351 thss. came in at 450 lbs more than the factory specs. due to options. Cut some corners with trim on the inside but not bad. No issues as yet other than we will probably add another AC in the garage later. With 5 people, three dogs & hot at the beach one 15K unit is not enough. With two people, & 2 dogs it was fine. No need to have anything fixed under warrenty so far in seven months of ownership. This is our second PUMA no problems with the first so do not plan to have problems with this one. Think the extra for the dark Cherry Cabinets is well worth it. Got almost all available options but the generator and the fuel station (we haul an electric golf car). Pulls great even the driver that brought it from the factory commented on how well it pulled. Retail was just over 40K total w/o tax ours was just under 29K dealer added a few extras like vent covers (installed), lube plate, & some misc. for no additional cost. Puma also threw in a larger TV upgrade. Hope this helps..... Personally we liked the layout of the 356 better that the 351. Like the sliding glass door with screen between the garage & the living space and the loft space is great too. If I remember right the cargo capacity is more as well. Mine is close to 4500. Gross total capacity weight approx. 14,500. I have not put mine on a scale loaded as yet. I need to but I am not super concerned.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #9

Great info, thanks! I really like the price point of these puma's. Truth is I like the looks of the fiberglass exterior much better but I cant find another brand of toy hauler that has nearly the space and layout as the puma for anywhere near the price so I can deal with the siding look in a heartbeat. My concern is I wanted to make sure it was a quality build trailer and not a "get what you pay for" trailer. I dont need the over the top flash you get in some of the Raptors and XLR's but I am not willing to compromise on structural quality, soft floor, soft roof with leaks, etc etc. Sounds like you are pretty happy so far. The only thing I see on the 356 floor plan that I dont care for is the door to the master bed area is outside the bathroom. That means if we have friends over and they have to use the head they have to come into our room. In the middle of the night that could get annoying. Just a thought... I just wish a dealer in my area had one for me and my wife to go look at but I cant find one anywhere around. Thanks again and good luck with it over the years.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM   #10

puma THSS

Really appreciate all the input. I am pretty well sold on the Puma line of toy haulers. Everything I have read is positive on the fit, finish, and quality of the build. There are always a few that have problems but Puma appears pretty solid for the most part.
My concern has been the weight. My TV is a 2011 F250 with the 6.2 gas. I have beefed up the suspension with a set of Super Springs so I feel pretty confident on the GVWR. The higher rpm to hp/torque is also a concern. The truck pulls my 6k (loaded) Rockwood 282TXR and you really don't even notice it is back there. A full 12k fiver (estimated) will probably be a completely different story though. With the trailer at 12k this puts the GVCWR 2k over Ford's recommended rating (19k) for my truck. May wind up having to upgrade the truck to a diesel rig. Not really what I wanted to do. Anyway, thanks again for all the input.