Old 07-12-2016, 10:56 PM   #11

Yeah, for me the wiring isn't a big deal. I'm comfortable with electrical and about any aspect of construction or mounting. Preferred location would be the bedroom, but the roof slope concerns me. Bubba, the 6" above the bunk concerns me that the unit would freeze up if the bunks weren't dropped. Most of the time dropping the bunks isn't an issue, but while traveling with the bikes in the garage that isn't possible. Plus why cool the garage when the bikes are the only things back there and they put a really nice sliding glass door to seal off that area?

Just an odd thought, any way of making a wedged shim under the AC if I mounted it over the bedroom?? My concern would be getting it watertight, but has anyone built a pedestal of some sort under a roof AC unit to level it up? The Puma's have a really aerodynamic, nice roof line, but the front of the roof where the vent is really slopes down to the front cap.

Toys - CRF250X, CRF250R, CRF450R, CRF150F, TTR230, TRX250EX
rmoore0852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbubouy View Post
I feel your pain. We have a 356QLB with one a/c unit and it will not keep up. Our camper was wired from the factory with 50 amp service with the extra power service in the garage. I am also planning on another a/c unit, I looked at the space above the bunks in the garage when they are in the up position and there looks to be about 6" between the top bunk and the ceiling. Although that may slow down the cooling process I don't believe it will stop it. I plan on using a wall mounted thermostat so I don't have to climb up there. Just my thoughts...input welcome...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
I have been told that Attwood makes an AC unit that has a remote. Haven't looked into it much yet. Wish mine was already wired, that would make this process much easier.

Toys - CRF250X, CRF250R, CRF450R, CRF150F, TTR230, TRX250EX
rmoore0852 is offline   Reply With Quote