Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #1

Too steep driveway

Well I did it. I messed up the triangular brackets under the back bumper of my puma toy hauler. I turned into a gas station driveway that was too steep and flattened the brackets. If they are designed to protect the bumper they need to be stronger. I am considering replacing them with more substantial metal. Will I create a bigger problem if I do this or are they designed to collapse for some reason?
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 12:05 AM   #2
Always Learning

A lot of people consider skid plates or rollers to protect themselves in this situation.
Old 12-15-2014, 02:27 AM   #3

I would use rollers. What I do before I enter a driveway is look to see if there are any gouge marks allready in the asphalt, if there is, I find another way to get in there...

Ultra-Fab Steel Micro-Roller for Trailers and RVs - Weld On - 2" Wide x 2" Tall Ultra-Fab Products RV and Camping UF48-979021
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

Too steep driveway

I couldn't get in and out of my driveway with scrubbing those brackets on our 356. When I got around to taking them off they were almost worn through. I put two of these in their place about a year ago and they are working fine. Easier on the concrete driveway as well.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...-caster--rigid

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
bubbubouy is offline   Reply With Quote