Old 08-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
what to know about Banshee B1

Good day!
Well after many years of wild camping with my good old Eureka tent and a new baby in the house, we decide that we need a little more comfort.

We bought a almost new 2010 Palomino banshee B1 and will have it next Monday.....
I am so exited!!!!!

So, what are the things that I should care of or look right after pulling it to home?
I already have a tool box full to put in the Banshee

So far, it seems from few post that i will have to look at all screws and wiring to ensure it is safe and tight.

Anything else?

Ad omnia paratus

X-Terra Pro 4x 2012
Palomino Banshee B1 2010
Eth0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant
well, you may also want to post on the Popup sub-forum, since the B-1 is a popup toyhauler.
a lot different issues than a TT or 5th wheel toyhauler.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
B1 Owner

Hey welcome to the board, Ive had mine since the end of 09 and love it. I have had a few problems with it but have fixed everything myself because 1 my dealer wont stand behind this particular trailer because I bought it from someone who bought it from him 2 months after they sold it and said point blank NO WARRANTY you are the second owner.. how do you like that. I think he was more angry I cancelled my order for the new one and saved 3000 bucks..but I digress.
Anyway if you look my recent post in general repairs and tech you will see my axel mounts sheared off on my camping trip a few weeks ago. You are supposed to check the torque on the bolts that hold the axel to the frame every six months. I also found out they did not use grade 8 hardware for the washers so you may want to change that out right away or at least check to see if your are ok! Other than than yes the wiring is very nasty, wires too short being pulled to tight around corners etc. just pull up the gaucho couch and gently pop off the thin woodgrain cover and you can check the most of the wiring there. thats where I found most of the issues. also the cable going to the roof behind the couch was very tight, its almost like they wanted to save every inch of copper going in there. again not really a saftey issue more of I know what wiring should look like when done properly and that was not it.
I installed a fresh water gauge and battery moniter also because they dont come with any meters and I find that unaccepatble.
I also installed a power roof lift of my own creation dont know if your already had one, mine did not. I also found that the position they screwed the bed slide out mounts both sides did not line up with the canvas and the sides looked slack when fully out so i undid one side at a time had my wife gently pullon the frame till it looked tight and then re screwed the frames back into the sides of the trailer.
The factory door holder on the inside of the roof was a joke and after having the door fall on my head I replaced them with some hardware from a fence latch. PLease look at my picture album and you can see what I have done for the most part. Again dont get to worried; Im kind of picky person when it comes to mechanical things so I may have gone overboard on some of this stuff!
Anyway if you have any questions let me know I have practically taking this whole trailer apart and put it back together there is not a lot I dont know about it!
Ron Y
Delta BC
2009 Palomino Banshee B1 Off Road,
TV: 2004 Chevy Tahoe LS 4WD.
RONSTAR911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Thanks Ron!

I've already looked at many of your post and i'm aware about the axle... wonder how to/Where to look for the washers grade? Is there a number on the washer itself?

So did I about the factory door older...will fix that soon.

I will have a look right away to your pictures!

Thanks for your help, i might PM you if I have other more questions if you don't mind?

Ad omnia paratus

X-Terra Pro 4x 2012
Palomino Banshee B1 2010
Eth0 is offline   Reply With Quote