Old 06-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #1

08 Flagstaff 831RLSS questions

I just picked up an 08 flagstaff 831RLSS yesterday and unfortunately there was no documentation with it.

I see that it has two waste water hose connections, one labeled sewer connection/waste water holding tank and the other labeled galley tank. My basic question is what is plumbed to where and how do I manage the waste water connections when I am camping at a site with hookups. Do I need two waste water hoses and a Y connector or similar?

Does anyone have a manual or manuls that hey could scan and send me a copy?

I also have questions on the entertainment system, I noted yesterday that when the camper was NOT connected to shore power, that the TV and radio were still operational. Are these both operating off 12 volts? How do I turn everything off so my battery does not drain?

TIA

2004 Silverado 2500HD diesel
transmission_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #2

I have a 2009 Rockwood 8313ss, and I assume it is somewhat similar to your rig. I can tell you that the galley tank is filled by the kitchen sink only in mine. The gray tank I know is filled by the shower/tub. I am not certain about the lavatory as I have not investigated it, but I suspect that it is plumbed to the black tank. The toilet then is plumbed to the black tank.

Without modification, you would need to run two sewer hoses if you want both outlets to run to the sewer. I have seen some modifications on here where both have been joined together in order to use one discharge. You may want to scan the "modification" forum.

On the TV and stereo, my TV in the main "living" area is a 12 volt TV that can be used on 12 volt by plugging the jumper cable into the 12V jack on the panel, or can run on A/C by using the converter. The stereo runs full time on 12V. I don't know if either draw amps while in the off position, but I always disconnect the battery while in storage and I always camp with shore power, so I don't worry about it.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #3

there is really not one manual for the TT there is a manual for just about everything in the TT (fridge,stereo,heater,etc.) if you have any specific ? i will try and look them up in my manual or help you out however i can
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #4

I know that there are usually a stack of manuals, one for each of the appliances etc.

My first need is for the overall TT manual that covers the TT systems like the fresh water system, waste water system, running gear, slide and similar things that are TT specific and not one of the appliances.

For example, I started pulling off those fixed covers inside to see what was behind them and found a whole coach water filter. I also found a set of vaLves and a hose that was connected to one of the valves but not terminated, i.e. the end of the hose was not connected to anything. I need to know what that is all about.

It appears that I need a Y sewer connection to link up both drains simultaneously or I will need to move the connection around as required. Since one of the connections is under the slide, using only one hose would be a PITA.

Appreciate any help you can give. If you could scan the manual and send it to me, that would be great.

TIA
2004 Silverado 2500HD diesel
transmission_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #5

On my 8315ss the galley tank is for the kitchen sink, the shower/tub and bathroom sink is the grey tank and the black tank is the toilet only. I bought the "Y" and conneted the two dumps but it's a hassel. I probably wont use it again unless I'm going to be somewhere for a week or more.
I usually have the grey/black tanks hooked up at the site and then before I leave, after I have hooked up and the slide is in, I back up a little and dump the galley.
If I'm only there 3 or 4 days I don't need to dump the galley before that and I can go longer if I'm careful.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmission_doctor View Post
For example, I started pulling off those fixed covers inside to see what was behind them and found a whole coach water filter. I also found a set of vaLves and a hose that was connected to one of the valves but not terminated, i.e. the end of the hose was not connected to anything. I need to know what that is all about.

Appreciate any help you can give. If you could scan the manual and send it to me, that would be great.

TIA
The valves located between your water pump and hot water tank (should be 3 valves) are your water heater bypass valves. There should be one on a blue line going into your water heater (cold water) and one on a red line coming out (hot water), then one that connects the two (bypass). When the valves are parallel to the line they are open.

To winterize, close the cold and hot water vavles, then open the bypass valve to allow the anti-freeze to circulate through the hot water lines while keeping the anti-freeze from entering your water heater tank. Remove the water filter and replace the cover without a filter before adding the anti-freeze and remember to empty your tank for winter. Do just the opposite in the spring when your ready to camp.

The hose not connected to anything is for the rv anti-freeze. Just stick the hose in the anti-freeze container and turn the valve so that it parallel to that line (there should be a valve where this line along with your fresh water tank line and city water line connect before they reach the water pump). Turn on your water pump and it will suck the anti-freeze throughout your system when you open each faucet, one at a time, hot and cold, until the anti-freeze comes through. Don't forget your outside faucet.

Hope this helps.

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #7

i will try and scan it for you i will be camping this weekend so ill pull out the manual and check it out . grhodes is correct the hose is to suck antifreeze into the system and did you open the cover to find the back of the wayer heater ther youll find the hetaer bypass valves mark them they way they are so you will know the proper position next summer after you drain antifreeze