Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2011, 09:28 AM   #1

1st use, no water pump

We are out in our 2011 roo for the first time and I have everything except water. The switch on the info panel not lighting, have not found a bad fuse, what am I not doing?
Sry for the newb post, any help would be appreciated....
Thx
Hippiern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
This thread got a bit scrambled but the essential stuff is there.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ter-11265.html

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Site Team

first, does your 12v stuff work, like the lights, radio, furnace and so on?

second, does the pump run but no water?
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM   #4

in case anyone is wondering, we figured this out. because the switch light
on the monitor panel was never lit, figured it was a fuse or something. that all checked out so i unscrewed the monitor panel from the wall and one of the wires was hanging free unplugged from the board. plugged it in and good to go.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Glad to see you got it fixed up fairly easily..

BTWto the forum.
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #6

thanks, seems like a pretty active community. our new roo is our first TT so im sure there will be lots of ??? to come.

now that ive got my pump up and running, im curious to know how often i should expect it to cycle on when im not making any water demands. on first start up its been running a lot, but im guessing its fill the heater etc. my thought is that it really shouldnt cycle at all without demand right?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiern View Post
thanks, seems like a pretty active community. our new roo is our first TT so im sure there will be lots of ??? to come.

now that ive got my pump up and running, im curious to know how often i should expect it to cycle on when im not making any water demands. on first start up its been running a lot, but im guessing its fill the heater etc. my thought is that it really shouldnt cycle at all without demand right?
first, remember RV's are not autos, most are made quickly and cheaply, with average QC, if you're lucky.
and the dealers don't do good PDI, when they receive them.
in other words, you have to expect some issues unless you're paying for million dollar motorhome.
our Roo had a number of small issues that were fixed under warranty.
i suggest you start posting questions in the Roo sub-section, under the Expandables and Hybrids section.

once the pump pressurizes your system, including the water heater, it shouldn't keep cycling on and off for short periods. there may be a air or water leak if it constantly cycles even when not using the water.

did you get an adequate PDI from the dealer? they should have tested all this before you took it home?
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #8

I agree with the above post. If you're sure you're water heater is full and you have run ALL faucets (hot and cold) until no more air comes out, then the pump shouldn't run until you open one. If it does, then start looking for leaks. If they go unchecked, you will get water damage real quick.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote