Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 05:57 PM   #1

2 gray tanks

Hello,
We have a new FR Vibe and it has 2 gray water tanks, reg and galley. Why do they have a separate galley tank? Thanks in advance...
Baddawg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:03 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Just to give you more capacity.
Old 07-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Just to give you more capacity.
I agree! You will appreciate the 2 gray tank capacity when you start using your trailer for extended periods!!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #4

I also have two gray tanks, it's a pain but I think they did it because of the weight distribution myself. I think they are two 40 gal but forgot really. So splitting them up makes sense to me. I do know I have to dump the galley tank sooner then the shower and bathroom sink. I just wished they plumbed them to one outlet instead of two.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:12 PM   #5

i'm not sure what a vibe is. we have a cardinal and it has two gray tanks labelled galley and grey. I could not figure out what drained into what tank. I would have thought the kitchen drained to the galley and the bathroom to the gray. and I would have been wrong. after extensive tracing of pipes I found out that everything drains to the gray tank and nothing drains to the galley tank. so what is the galley tank for? turns out we have washer / dryer prep and this prep runs the washer drain to the galley tank. ok I understand that. but why label it galley. turns out from reading other posts some rv's have an outside galley in them and it appears that if you have this the outside galley drains into it's own galley tank. I can understand that. but it our case it looks like they saved a few dollars and used a control panel labelled for the outside galley on our 5th wheel and got me completely confused as to what a galley is. user manual was no help and the dealer didn't know the answer. hope this helps
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 06:26 PM   #6

Thanks for the feedback. Guess I better go test it to make I know what drains where 😀. BTW - the FR Vibe Extreme Lite is new...
Attached Images

Baddawg58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank