Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #1

2 hoses under fresh water tank

So we got our new wildcat and are under way with our adventure across the USA. Now that we are out of the arctic New England we needed to fill the fresh water tank. There is a drain valve/hose with a cap under the tank and another hose witch seems like an overflow hose. The problem is when the tank is filled the water runs out this hose. There is no cap or valve attached to it. Hoping someone can shed some light on this before I call FR. Thanks guys (and gals).

Nick
Nuggetville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggetville View Post
So we got our new wildcat and are under way with our adventure across the USA. Now that we are out of the arctic New England we needed to fill the fresh water tank. There is a drain valve/hose with a cap under the tank and another hose witch seems like an overflow hose. The problem is when the tank is filled the water runs out this hose. There is no cap or valve attached to it. Hoping someone can shed some light on this before I call FR. Thanks guys (and gals).

Nick
Yep, Nick that is just what that overflow hose is for. When filled water will come out the overflow. If it did not your tank would pressurize and explode. Now THAT would require a call to FR!

The one with the valve on it is to drain the fresh water tank when you are putting it away for the winter.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB

yea that non-cap line is a problem for some people. heard of people loosing upto 1/3 of the water out of the tank by the time they get to the destination. you could put a valve on it but you gotta remember when you get where you are going to open it!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

That's what I thought. My last campers just had the vent up by the fill tube. I think I have an issue though, because when I filled half of the tank it was empty at the end of our days travels. I believe the hose may be too far down in the tank and syphoning all of the water out. There was no water coming out when I half filled it, but empty when I arrived. I think the sloshing makes the water work up the hose and then start a syphon. I don't know, there is no other leak though. Thanks all for your quick replies.

Nick
Nuggetville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:47 PM   #5

Ok, question about this, my tank has the two hoses, but neither have a cap or a valve, however, one has threads and this is the one that leaks when I try to fill it so I know it is the drain hose. Does anyone know what size these threads are. They look like 3/4 inch garden hose threads but I don't know.
ButchAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Butch, could you post a picture of the hoses you are talking about?
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #7

I dont have a camera . Im just gonna take the the clip off, pull the threads out and head to the hardware store tomarrow. Thanks though.
ButchAF is offline   Reply With Quote