Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #1

2002 Roo M21-water heater question

I just purchased a 2002 Roo 21'. It has a LP only suburban HW heater. When I try to light the pilot nothing happens. It is like I am not getting any gas(cannot smell it) and I do not hear any type of clicking for ignition. The stove top ignites and the furnace works and they all seem to be plumbed into the same line. I cannot find anytype of fuse box. Is there a fuse for the water heater ignition system somewhere? There has to be power of sometype ti the ignition or am I missing something???? Instruction say to turn knob to pilot and push down and when lit turn to on. Seems pretty simple, but not working!

Thanks for any assistance!
Kitestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #2

Figured it out! This was my first camper(Well I owned a popup for 2 weeks before I bought this one LOL). Dealer never told me I had to light the pilot with a lighter! I thought pushing down on the pilot would be like a gas grill igniter. Called them and they walked me through it and it was on in 2 minutes!
Kitestir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
Site Team

i didn't think that DSI water heater were available, for the Roo, back in 2002.

having a DSI water heater is SOOOO much nicer than having to go outside to light it. had to to do that with our popups.

you might contact Suburban and see if you can get a DSI kit.
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote