Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #1

2003 Coachmen Winterizing

I recently purchased a 2003 Leprechaun with this valve system displayed in my rear storage compartment (see attached image). I turned all (4) valves to match the "winterize" image and connected a hose with a threaded insert in a water line that's about 1 foot to the right of this display. When I stick the end of the hose in my gallon of anti-freeze and turn on the pump, it doesn't draw the anti-freeze in. I can hear the pump running, but there's no suction on the end of the hose. Any suggestions on what I'm missing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2003 Coachmen Valve Guide.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	189842  
harvey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #2

Looking at that setup it tells me that the valves are bypassing the water heater and it sounds like you are connecting to the city water connection. Go to your pump and see if you actually have a suction line for antifreeze.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, winter