Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 07:17 PM   #1

2007 Cedar Creek Holding Tank(s)

I recently purchased a 2007 Cedar Creek 5th wheel. Previously I've owned travel trailers. On my 5th wheel I only have 1 gate valve to empty my tanks. Do the black and grey water holding tanks both empty through this one gate valve.

If so, this is new to me. On my travel trailers that I've owned, there were separate gate valves for the grey and black water that 'T'd to a single exit.
speopl1443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #2

I can only guess that originally the valves were remote operated, and possibly due to broken cables, the previous owner(s) chose to not repair and just attached a single valve. If you were to post the model number of your fiver, there might be someone who has the same or a similar camper who can tell you more information.
Good luck
Old 02-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #3

Model is a 36 RLTS
speopl1443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 10:48 PM   #4

Have you checked along the frame? I had a 2005 Cardinal that had the grey valve handle near the front attached to the frame. Worth a look.
keith52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:10 PM   #5

I had a 2012 Silverback and the cables were very poor and stuck all the time i put one master valve made of clear plastic and left the others open they never worked anyway. I alway back flushed regularly.
johndeerenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:12 PM   #6

i have a 2010 34RLSA cedar creek which has a single discharge pipe for the black and grey. which I find better and wanted... you only have to hook up one hose to dump. Dump the black first,than tank flush till water runs clear . Close black tank value than open grey tank too wash out hose.
works great
Barry
Old 02-12-2016, 01:15 PM   #7

gate valves

My 07 has belly panels and electric gate valves, which I had to replace last year. Not much fun. The main drain has 2 manual gate valves, one for black & one for gray.
07CEDAR CREEK 362BTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:26 PM   #8

I have a 2014 38FL 5th wheel. I had nothing but trouble with the gate valves especially the black (with numerous messes at the dump site). Took it back to the factory for that and numerous other issues, they replaced gate valve, adjusted cable AN added a last and final gate valve at the end of my SINGLE pipe and I no longer have issues. The poster above who suggested that you dump black tank first, followed by each of the greys has the best method. The idea of leaving all three open with one clear gate valve at the end will work also. In essence, I have both methods which is the best of both worlds.
Bill and Michelle Brickey
Rockford, MI
2014 CC 38FL
2008 F-450 diesel 4WD DUALLY
numbersman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #9

I have a 2002 36 RLTS. It has 3 tanks. 2 gray and 1 black. They each have cable operated gate valves. The cables fail and the valves can not be closed. I replaced the black valve with an electric one. Works great.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:16 AM   #10

These manufacturer s put these things together we pay big bucks for them and they cant figure out these valve cables. I tryed lubing them over the years on many i have owned never seemed to help much. My 2015 38fl has them way down on the frame and with the slides out you have to almost have to lue down to pull them out whats up with that. I made a push pull hook out of an old hoe.
johndeerenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #11

The cable problem I have had is the outer cable jacket separating from the housing below the handle. The valve gets stiff requiring more pushing and the outer jacket separates at the crimp. Poor design.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #12
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeerenut View Post
These manufacturer s put these things together we pay big bucks for them and they cant figure out these valve cables. I tryed lubing them over the years on many i have owned never seemed to help much. My 2015 38fl has them way down on the frame and with the slides out you have to almost have to lue down to pull them out whats up with that. I made a push pull hook out of an old hoe.
My galley tank valve is located under slide.......I hard plumbed off the side, before the gate valve, to the front grey/black tank valves, and joined into grey water fitting before the gate.....now leave rear one open and use the gate valve that I added into my plumbing.....now just 1 hose to do all, but added a cap with a garden hose attachment to the rear....so can just use it that way if needed. If you connect hose before opening slide, and have a garden hose shut off on hose, you can open underneath one first without mak'n a mess or hav'n to connect big hose
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, tank