Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #1

2013 Flagstaff 8528 BHWS

Hello everyone! I recently bought a 2013 Flagstaff 8528 BHWS (our first 5th wheel and first RV ever) and during the walk-around, the dealer wasn't real informed or seemed to know how the sewage system was set up. There is what appears to be 3 black sewage connections and I'm trying to figure out how they all work. Does anyone else have this trailer or something like it? It has the main bathroom/shower, and it also has a half bath (toilet and sink) in the bunk area. One connection has the traditional grey/black release handles, while the other two have just the black release handles. I've poured through the "Owner's Manual" and as some can attest to, it's pretty generic and doesn't cover this. We have our first trip to Big Sur, CA in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get it all sorted out BEFORE we get to the site. The place we are going to DOES NOT have sewage hook-ups for each site, but does offer a dump station. We will eventually be staying where there will be full hook-ups and am wondering if I need to hook up all three, or two, or if the main sewage line with the grey/black handles will suffice. Help!

Old 01-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildOates View Post
Hello everyone! I recently bought a 2013 Flagstaff 8528 BHWS (our first 5th wheel and first RV ever) and during the walk-around, the dealer wasn't real informed or seemed to know how the sewage system was set up. There is what appears to be 3 black sewage connections and I'm trying to figure out how they all work. Does anyone else have this trailer or something like it? It has the main bathroom/shower, and it also has a half bath (toilet and sink) in the bunk area. One connection has the traditional grey/black release handles, while the other two have just the black release handles. I've poured through the "Owner's Manual" and as some can attest to, it's pretty generic and doesn't cover this. We have our first trip to Big Sur, CA in a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get it all sorted out BEFORE we get to the site. The place we are going to DOES NOT have sewage hook-ups for each site, but does offer a dump station. We will eventually be staying where there will be full hook-ups and am wondering if I need to hook up all three, or two, or if the main sewage line with the grey/black handles will suffice. Help!
Welcome to the forum.

First of all when at a full hookup site you only drain when tanks are full.

Start with the 2 black tanks
Main bath and half bath.

Then the greys.

Just because they have a black handle that doesn't signify "black tank"

Maybe someone with your model can help you distinguish which is which.

Do u have a outside kitchen?

My sabre has 4 waste tanks and all have black handles .

Turbs

Old 01-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #3

There should be a label on the side of the camper right above the handle letting you know if it's a grey or black tank outlet. The reason you empty the black tanks first and the grey tank last like Turbs said is so the grey water will flush the 'stuff' from the black tank out of the hose.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 PM   #4

The front most port (closest to king pin) has two valves, one for black and one for grey. This serves two tanks for your upstairs bathroom. the one in the middle is "galley" and is a grey water for your kitchen sink. The one at the rear is for your half bath at the back. Both the grey water from the lavatory and the toilet drain into the same tank. If you are at a full hook up you can purchase a part that will allow your to drain your grey water from your upstairs tank and the galley. it is a simple elbow that has a water hose "knock out" on it that you can attach your galley tank to. hope this helps... this is my first post ever on any site.

Tags