Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #1

2014 Hemisphere 282RK water tank stortage

We just bought a 2014 Hemisphere 282RK and right from the start we seem to be short on fresh water. The tank runs dry after a day or two without much use. I always filled the tank until the water ran from the overflow drain, let it settle then top it off again.
I just return from a 5 day dry camp and had to fill the water tank twice. During this trip I was forced to buy a pump to transfer water from jugs to the TT tank, what a pain but it work fine. When I got home I now had a way to measure the exact amount of water I put in to the tank. I have read on this site that some units overflow drain were improperly inserted. I very carefully measured my water in jugs and was only able to fill 26 gallons in a tank before it ran out the overfill hose that should hold 44 gallons, dam about 20 gallons short.
It’s still under warrantee, but is it a overfill hose issue or is my tank messed up? And if they advertise 44 gallon how much should it fill to? Do they count the water heater and hose capacity in the total? Thanks all, Mark
sparkyaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #2
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hi sparkyaz,
We too got a 2015 282rk. Our fresh tank does hold over 40 gal. I fill to overflowing and the 2 of us didn't use the fresh tank up in 4 days. True, there is no good way to transfer water into the fresh tank, or anitfreeze for winterizing for that matter. I would take it back to the dealer and give them all the info you wrote. The amount of water in the heater and hoses is relatively insignificant (couple of gallons) but certainly not enough to cut your capacity in half!, I'm no sure how the tank could be messed up. Hope the dealer can help you out.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, tank, water, water tank