Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2015, 09:17 PM   #1

2015 vibe 272bhs flush kit

Hello and thank you a head of time. I am new to owning a TT I have been looking a round for a little bit. We have just bought the vibe 272bhs and were going to have the dealer install the black tank washout on for us. They told me $135 to install which was a good deal since this unit has the sealed underbody. So after I agreed to that price a few days go by and I get a call and told it will be an extra $400 to do it. I have told them no way. Ok I will be picking it up of the first time from the dealer on Monday April 13 and have less then a week to do what I want before taking it on our first trip. I am a automotive technician with over 15 years of experience. So my question would be is it really that hard to drop the underbelly cover and get to the black tank to really do this job or was the dealer trying to take me for a ride. I have the kit to do it and will be doing it I'm just trying to get some info before going for this job. Please thank you for the help a head of time. I do have friends that have been camping for years but never had one with the sealed and heated underbelly.
Lilrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #2

The $135 would be a fair price. I has quoted $275 for kit and install on previous RV. It didn't have enclosed belly. Wasn't bad to do on that one.

Getting the underbelly down isn't hard. There should be a vapor barrier and a couple of inches of insulation. Probably be easiest to cut the barrier and tape it back once you figure out the routing.

The only reason I could see the extra money is they were going to drop the tank but it can be installed at different places on the tank. Might not be the best performance. Most places don't like to do it on a used tank for the obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:01 PM   #3

It's brand you and bought from them. I guess I will find out Tuesday. Thank you
Old 04-10-2015, 09:18 PM   #4

That's good. Be slow drilling the hole saw. You want the portion not to fall in the tank. Prep the surface and have the proper drying time. Took me two hours with beer breaks and friend slowing me down by talking.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #5

I know I can do it that's for sure just like to have as much info as I can get before starting something new
Old 04-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #6

Looked at your camper good looking model. With the bathroom in the back I would guess that will the black tank will be. If you can look thru the toilet and see the tank straight down. If not just follow the 3" pipe to a tank.

You might be able to slide the radiant barrier forward and ease the insulation down to have plenty of room.

On my prowler the tank rested on angle iron and disconnected it and slid back and just cleared for water line to the angle. The RV installer told me they would just go above it. I wanted the best performance.

Other than planning your hose routing and mounting is pretty simple. I just put mine on the side of the camper. Might do a 30 sec run to check for water leaks before putt up the underbelly.

Some underbelly is nice to have two people. One to hold it up close while other starts the screws. Shouldn't be a difficult task for you. That's about all I can help you with that I know.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #7

When you drop the Underbelly allow some Xtra Time to (Tiddy Up the Wires & Hoses) also,you will be glad you did! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #8

Congrats on your new vibe we also have a 272 some later model 2015 have a flush built in we were going to install one also as I did on our 5 wheel but after using it and with the toilet being on the rear with its own door I just use a wand the rear door makes it nice and easy good luck and safe travels

Clancy vibe272bhs
timothy clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 03:26 AM   #9

I also have a 272bhs. The bathroom sink drains into the black tank. Would this have the same effect as black water flush?
Byronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
When you drop the Underbelly allow some Xtra Time to (Tiddy Up the Wires & Hoses) also,you will be glad you did! Youroo!!
Ok so I have installed the black tank wash out and it was easy to do. The dealer is a joke that I bought my camper from. They lied to me on the time and what needed to be done to do the job. The easiest way to do our vibe 272bhs is to take out the screws that are on the very rear of the camper. My black tank was all the way on the drivers side you cant install it on the side there are the braces that hold the tanks in. Sorry no pictures I have first trip this weekend and a lot of stuff to get done. Even more now that the dealer didn't fix the stuff they should have before picking it up. I centered the washout 10 inches from each side and less the two inches from the top because the tank starts to angle about 3.5 inches from the top. I did also take the time to secure the wires and water lines. I did install the wash out to the lower part of the steps for the bathroom. I will take a picture of the flush out location tomorrow. This was the safest and best place without major drilling. I will help with what I can if you have any questions. But it is really easy to do. Also I did drop the under belly cover by removing all the screws from the drain connection all the way to the rear on both sides of the camper. I then carefully pulled it free from the foam. Then slide it out past the rear stabilazer and pushed it towards the front.

Tags
vibe