Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 09:34 PM   #1

2018 grey wolf toilet not holding water

I have a 2018 grey wolf 26dbh and we have used it about 7 times and now the toilet bowl doesn’t hold any water. I took they seal out and reset it hoping that would solve it, but no go. It seems as if the knife or closure might have been tweaked and isn’t sealing properly. And now I’m starting to smell the stench coming from the black tank. Anybody ever have this issue and any remedy’s. Thanks
mervin139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 PM   #2

You have a warranty don't you? Might be an option. Just sayin.
Norcalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:49 PM   #3

Just expired, go figure. We got it last April and it only had a 1 year warranty. May only be off by a few days or a week. I should probably see if the dealer will work with me!
mervin139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:11 AM   #4

Since it's so close try contacting Forest River. They have been known to help out when they really didn't have to. Might also consider an upgrade. We replaced ours with a 320 model. Real porcelain and a "wood" or some composite, not plastic seat. Good luck.
Norcalace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:20 PM   #5

Clean

While not a pleasant thing to do, I'd recommend holding it open and cleaning around the seal. I had this same problem once and after a few attempts to clean the seal, it worked.
Threegaleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

A couple years ago I had that problem and after thoroughly cleaning the seal, the bowl still ran dry. On closer inspection I noticed one side of the seal pivot had come out, keeping the seal from completely closing. Snapped it back in and never another problem.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #7

I had the problem in two other campers. An RV serviceman said to coat the seal with petroleum jelly. Sounds stupid, but it works. I kept a jar and Q-Tips to apply in the camper. Make sure you turn the water off, and coat all around with the flap closed and again with it open. Should work for several trips and flushes, before you have to reseal.
jandacamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #8

Tiolet doesn't hold water

I'm fulltime and about once a month l have to clean the seal and then apply plumbers grease to the underside of the seal. You can get the grease at any big box store. Good luck!
jdkbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf, water