Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #1

2018 Keystone Hideout 24bhswe grey tanks

Hello, we recently purchased (used) a 2018 hideout 24bhswe. The specs say it has 60 gallons fresh and 78 grey. It seems to have 2 grey tanks (galley and 'grey'). I'm assuming the grey is the bathroom sink and shower. I can't find any info on this that's specific. It has 2 grey valves for dumping on the outside. We took it boondocking and it seemed like the shower grey tank filled up kinda fast (according to the control panel). Was wondering if anyone had more specific info on this model. Would be really nice to 'combine' the 2 grey tanks to get 78 grey as the specs say.

Thanks
JasMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 02:04 PM   #2
Site Team

Well, Keystone is NOT a Forest River product, so I doubt anyone here would own the same model.
BUT, since RVs share many of the same equipment and features, we can help with specific questions.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #3

I'm so sorry, after you mentioned this I looked it up and indeed it's not the same mfgr. I have been looking so long for a trailer and got the mfgrs confused.
JasMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:46 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasMay View Post
I'm so sorry, after you mentioned this I looked it up and indeed it's not the same mfgr. I have been looking so long for a trailer and got the mfgrs confused.
Yep, Keystone is owned by Thor Industries Inc., the biggest RV conglomerate in the world. Bigger than FR Inc.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #5

Not a problem, we are always looking to help anyone. Regarding your tanks the next time that all are empty just run one water source at a time and see which tank the water flows out of.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:03 PM   #6

I used to own a Keystone Sprinter. There are two grey tanks, one for bath/shower and the other for the kitchen. the Rated Gallonage would be the two tanks combined. That is why you have two drains for grey and one for black.
Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #7

OP:
Hello, we recently purchased (used) a 2018 hideout 24bhswe. The specs say it has 60 gallons fresh and 78 grey. It seems to have 2 grey tanks (galley and 'grey'). I'm assuming the grey is the bathroom sink and shower. I can't find any info on this that's specific. It has 2 grey valves for dumping on the outside. We took it boondocking and it seemed like the shower grey tank filled up kinda fast (according to the control panel). Was wondering if anyone had more specific info on this model. Would be really nice to 'combine' the 2 grey tanks to get 78 grey as the specs say.

Thanks
__________________________________________________ _____________

So I happened to see this post from a google search and I am not a FR owner but do have a 2016 Keystone 24BHSWE as well. There are 2 dump valves on this trailer. One is for the galley grey tank and the other is a split black tank/ shower & bathroom sink tank. There is a total of 76 gallons of grey water capacity on these trailers but I am not sure how many each tank holds. (that is why I found this post) I am guessing that since the black tank is 38 gallons and the total of the grey is 76 gal that both of the grey tanks are 38 gallons. If I were a mfg trying to keepm cost down that would be the way I would go.

We do boondock a lot but I have never filled either of the tanks to capacity even though the sensors will say they are full. The sensors in these trailers are notorious for reading wrong measurements. We have been full time in our trailer for over 4 months now and the only time the tanks seem to read correctly is if we are gone for most of the day and the temps are above 80°F. I think that give the sensors time to dry out a bit. But after first flush or turn on a sink, the sensor reads wrong again.

My recommendation is to remember you only have a 60 gal fresh water source so the likelihood of filling any of the tanks with one fill is highly unlikely. Now if you are on city water that is a different story. I will peak in the toilet with the water off and see how full that is and the other two tanks we just try to be conservative in water usage while washing dishes and we keep track of # of showers for the other tank plus if boondocking we do the "military" showers aka turn off shower head between lather and rinse

GL!
justheretohelp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank