Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2019, 12:45 PM   #1

2019 Geo Pro G19FD Water pump

Hey Gang, Noobie Norman here...

I have a 2019 GeoPro G19FD and was just sanitizing the lines for the first time before first use but now I'm finding issue with water pump.

Issue: when water pump is turned on, takes 3-4 mins to pressurize then shuts off. When I go to turn on any tap (kitchen/bathroom) or shower nozzle, I get very low pressure and lots of sputtering. I have ran all taps (cold and hot individually) and still lots of air sputtering and barely more than a dribble of water.

-fresh water tank full
-no switches of any kind on SHUREFLO water pump to turn on/off.
-all outside valves closed (including all drain points).

The only thing is I have the water heater on bypass. Could that affect the pressure??

Any help on this model would be great...
GeoPro Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:51 PM   #2

2019 Geo Pro G19FD Water pumo

I have a 2019 Rockwood GeoPro G19FD and was just sanitizing the lines for the first time before first use but now I'm finding issue with water pump.

Issue: when water pump is turned on, takes 3-4 mins to pressurize then shuts off. When I go to turn on any tap (kitchen/bathroom) or shower nozzle, pump turns back on but I get very low pressure and lots of sputtering. I have ran all taps (cold and hot individually) for over 5 minutes each and still lots of air sputtering and barely more than a dribble of water.

-fresh water tank full

The only thing is I have the water heater on bypass. Could that affect the pressure??

Old 06-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoPro Enthusiast View Post

I have a 2019 GeoPro G19FD and was just sanitizing the lines for the first time before first use but now I'm finding issue with water pump.

Issue: when water pump is turned on, takes 3-4 mins to pressurize then shuts off. When I go to turn on any tap (kitchen/bathroom) or shower nozzle, I get very low pressure and lots of sputtering. I have ran all taps (cold and hot individually) and still lots of air sputtering and barely more than a dribble of water.

-fresh water tank full

The WH bypass should not be a cause of air entering the plumbing since it is on the pressure side of the pump.

Since your a northern neighbor check the screen filter bowl between the FW tank and pump. It may have had water in it over winter and can be cracked or loose allowing air to be sucked in.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:03 PM   #4

Check the suction strainer on the pump and ensure the cap is on tight and the strainer doesn't have a crack in it.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
Just as confused as you

See my reply (post #17) to your post in http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post2117572
Old 06-13-2019, 01:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Since your a northern neighbor check the screen filter bowl between the FW tank and pump. It may have had water in it over winter and can be cracked or loose allowing air to be sucked in.
Nothing between pump and FW tank. There is however a screen bowl filter attached to the actual pump itself. It's all clear and same with all the aerators on the faucets.

Unless there is a small leak in the hose itself coming from FW to pump.. some of that hose is hidden between floors and walls. Possibly something for the dealer to look at while it's under warranty. Urgh.
Old 06-13-2019, 01:53 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Nothing between pump and FW tank. There is however a screen bowl filer attached to the actual pump itself. It's all clear and same with all the aerators on the faucets.

Unless there is a small leak in the hose itself coming from FW to pump.. some of that hose is hidden between floors and walls. Possibly something for the dealer to look at while it's under warranty. Urgh.
That is what scrapper was referring to. Yes, it is attached to the pump.
And while you say it is clear... pull it off and look for cracks. That is usually what happens. Water stays in the bowl and over winter freezes and cracks unless you pulled antifreeze in.

Does your rig have an antifreeze suction port?
If so, make sure that valve is in the proper direction but it doesn't sound like it does with your comment of "hose for the FW to pump."

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #8

There's nothing but hose between FW and Pump. Most of which is hidden by floor/walls. There is a bowl strainer attached to the pump itself which is all good. Tight/clean and no cracks.

I did notice one hose was a little loose that was attached to oump (maybe from dealer winterization) but that has since been tightened with same result.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #9

5picker

I'll take off that screen bowl and have a closer inspection this evening. There is no antifreeze suction port. I just cleaned out all the antifreeze and sanitized the lines with bleach which led to this discovery.

I'll look closer at pump screen tonight. It's definitely sucking air in somewhere. I'll update tonight.
Old 06-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #10
Just as confused as you

In GeoPro's other thread on the same subject, http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post2117572, he says "I did notice one hose was a little loose that was attached to oump (maybe from dealer winterization) but that has since been tightened with same result."
If you don't have a winterization valve and the bowl doesn't have a crack in it the next thing to check is the o-ring gasket that seals the bowl.
Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #11

Sorry guys. I have two posts going on the same subject. That's my mistake. Please only reply to the other thread not this one, as I can't delete.

Meanwhile, I'll check on all advice given. Thank you

Site Team Edit: see post #14 below.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:16 PM   #12
Just as confused as you

Quote:
There's nothing but hose between FW and Pump. Most of which is hidden by floor/walls. There is a bowl strainer attached to the pump itself which is all good. Tight/clean and no cracks.

I did notice one hose was a little loose that was attached to oump (maybe from dealer winterization) but that has since been tightened with same result.
Are you saying there is another hose leading to the suction side of the pump? If you don't have a winterization valve and the bowl doesn't have a crack in it the next thing to check is the o-ring gasket that seals the bowl.
Old 06-13-2019, 05:41 PM   #13

The hose that was loose what is on that hose to prevent it from sucking air is there a shutoff valve?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #14
Site Team

The site team has
1. Pulled this OP's post out of an existing thread along with responses,
2. Merged them into the OP's newly initiated thread,
3. Moved the resulting thread into the "Plumbing and Water Systems & Fixtures" sub-forum.

At this time, the site team does not plan to edit all the posts referencing cross-posting thread to thread.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
Are you saying there is another hose leading to the suction side of the pump? If you don't have a winterization valve and the bowl doesn't have a crack in it the next thing to check is the o-ring gasket that seals the bowl.
Hey Scrapper,

Thanks for all your help. I have checked everything and rechecked during my first camping trip and still unable to get decent pressure that remains constant. Made appointment at RV shop and dropping it off before we head out on our first boondocking trip.

Tags
geo pro, water